• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Zavvi in administration"

Collapse

• Lambros
    replied
    Zavvi Christmas vouchers 'worthless'

People given Zavvi gift vouchers for Christmas will be disappointed if they try to use them because they are worthless in stores and will not be accepted.

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I always think it's ironic that 40 year old audiophiles spend so much striving for perfection when their hearing is way past its best whilst teenagers with perfect hearing are happy to put up with a compressed flat sounding mp3.

I always by the CD but the difference is becoming less clear as I age.
    Mr ZB would agree with that

How many club DJ's use downloads I wonder or do they still use vinyl and CD's?

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    I'm waiting for Past Times, a shop that only seems to sell £20 candles and bookmarks to go.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Download quality is much poorer than something you can buy.

But then most people are only interested in buying an X Factor song to play in their phone. Not play a vinyl copy of a Mozart opera on a 10,000 quid Linn system.
    I always think it's ironic that 40 year old audiophiles spend so much striving for perfection when their hearing is way past its best whilst teenagers with perfect hearing are happy to put up with a compressed flat sounding mp3.

I always by the CD but the difference is becoming less clear as I age.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
    USC the clothing shop now gone into administration today, 300 shops.
    58 shops and 300 jobs according to this article.

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    USC the clothing shop now gone into administration today, 300 shops.

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I iz man
    I am angry my good man.

A twunt

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I iz man

I am angry my good man.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I have a
    I iz man

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I got £100 sound system and that includes SoundBlaster card
    I have a

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    No, I sold it to him, did he offer it to you?
    No, I don't talk in a pub to strangers...

I got £100 sound system and that includes SoundBlaster card

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Did you buy your expensive sound system from Bill in the pub then?
    No, I sold it to him, did he offer it to you?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I used to have a 6 grand system but I let it go when I moved, I nearly got a job at Linn, they are 2 miles up the road from me.
    Did you buy your expensive sound system from Bill in the pub then?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I felt it was more relevant to quote the bit where you mentioned your 10 grand sound system
    I used to have a 6 grand system but I let it go when I moved, I nearly got a job at Linn, they are 2 miles up the road from me.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    I know that on line sales have taken away from many shops but in Glasgow, which is the second biggest retail center in the UK, it has been the out of town shopping malls that have killed the town off.

I know it is easy to drive into a car park and have 50 shops in one building but the city has turned into a poundland wilderness.
    That's the syndrome that's killed off many town centers.

Of course it hasn't been helped by dogmatic town and city Councils who detest cars and have made accessing and parking in their centres incredibly difficult and expensive. As a result of the difficulties compared with out of town shops people simply don't bother going into town if they are likely to have any amount of shopping to carry.

To take Halifax as an example there used to be abundant free 1.5 hour on street parking in easy reach of the reasonably diverse thriving shops, now the parking is ticketed, £0.80 for a max of 1 hour and the number of spaces has been cut by about 80% the town is dead and full of charity shops. It doesn't help that the Councillor who heads the transport unit is a non driver and rabidly anti car.

Music shops have no real future since CD sales have plummeted accross the board as a result of bent and legit downloads.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X