• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "sadguru's working day"

Collapse

• DS23
    replied
    AtW 20
    BrilloPad 9
    sasguru 7
    Bear 3
    Clippy 3
    DiscoStu 2
    Lockhouse 1
    SantaClaus 1
    Mich the Tester 1
    shaunbhoy 1
    PM-Junkie 1
    DimPrawn 1
    Gonzo 1

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    are present in the office

Come on, how many of these people who arrive before their boss and leave after him are really working? They fill their diary with meetings where they contribute nothing of any use and make themselves look good so that they can, as you say, climb the greasy pole.
    Good point well made - If they had nothing to flap about they'd have to do some proper work.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    So what time do you regularly finish your work then, is it around 17:30 or even 17:15? Yes or No, it's a simple question that does not involve personal details - I am sure there are plenty of civil servants in your building that finish their "work" at the same time with you.
    And how many Pot Noodles do you "do" a day? 5, 10?
    A considerable number I'll wager.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    So what time do you regularly finish your work then, is it around 17:30 or even 17:15? Yes or No, it's a simple question that does not involve personal details - I am sure there are plenty of civil servants in your building that finish their "work" at the same time with you.
    Anytime between 4 and 10.
    HTH

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    More importantly, is it any of your f$%^ing business?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    The difference between me and you though is that I am more perceptive and my guesses about you are spot on, but yours are completely wrong.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I got to you yesterday didn't I?
    The difference between me and you though is that I am more perceptive and my guesses about you are spot on, but yours are completely wrong.
    Still you should be used to being wrong by now.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    a) they are permies and are climbing the greasy pole
    sas is a permie manager without any technical talents to speak of - he suits your profile

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    You obviously know nothing about working in investment banks.

I've worked in the city for nearly 20 years and am currently working in Equities - front office. I start at 07:30 and normally manage to get out at 17:15. Typically if I was in a role that started at 08:00 I'd expect to work until 18:00. Yes a few people work stupid hours - but in general no-one makes them do it and they only do it because a) they are permies and are climbing the greasy pole or b) they don't have a life.
    are present in the office

Come on, how many of these people who arrive before their boss and leave after him are really working? They fill their diary with meetings where they contribute nothing of any use and make themselves look good so that they can, as you say, climb the greasy pole.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Because it's a pointless exercise?
    It actually would not be pointless in my view as it would (assuming you won't lie) help check whether my prediction was correct.

I can understand however why you wouldn't want to say it though - "city manager" running away home at 17:30 - such a hard working chap that makes Britain proud - I am sure people like you would pull out Brittannia from recession in 2009

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    anything at all

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Why won't you answer these simple questions?

I've worked in the city for nearly 20 years and am currently working in Equities - front office. I start at 07:30 and normally manage to get out at 17:15. Typically if I was in a role that started at 08:00 I'd expect to work until 18:00. Yes a few people work stupid hours - but in general no-one makes them do it and they only do it because a) they are permies and are climbing the greasy pole or b) they don't have a life.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Because I don't have to?
    Because I have zero respect for you?
    Because it's a pointless exercise?
    Because it would be far better for you to fix your sad life than worry about mine?

Take your pick.

Leave a comment:

• Bear
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    Any more ATW posts and I might just skin a squirrel from my garden.
    The fat one with the beady eyes.
    I've got a good tip than I discovered recently.

Our neighbours have a bird feeder with fat balls in it. The squirrels love it, they hang on for ages trying to get at the seeds etc.

Keeps them really still - sets up a really easy shot for the air rifle!!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Reminds me of that Navy assessment:

He has reached rock bottom but6 continues to dig.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X