• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Old People's Home - Are you looking forward to ending up there?"

Collapse

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

increase working age limit to 90

Probably both. Those too ill to work will get put to sleep.

The scary point is when they also apply that to people not pulling in a certain amount of tax in a year.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    Can you imagine it? Being forced to listen to Take That or Gareth Gates, whilst a Brazilian washes your arse?

No, it's better to invest in the cardiac solution, don't you think?
    You say that now. But fast-forward 50 years, and the prospect of dozing in the bosom of a lap blanket and a low protein diet in front of Cash in the Attic will seem like paradise.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    I think the solution to the pension problem will be to legalise euthenasia.

increase working age limit to 90

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Don't worry - by the time you retire the pension system as is will collapse - the old people will probably be sent to front lines on war on terror in Afganistan

I think the solution to the pension problem will be to legalise euthenasia.

Seems logical, and more civilised allowing someone with a terminal illness, or even dementia or knackered body (either through old age or injury), to be allowed and assisted to die in a humane and peaceful way.

The only decision then would be at what age and state of mind/body you decide you've had enough and the quality of life isn't going to get any better.

Alternatively, at some point we'll be able to plug the oldies into the matrix, rather than have them getting bored in oap homes.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by lightng View Post
    I worked in an old peoples home for a short while as a teen. I remember one of the "in-mates" who used to whip his little fella out at any opportunity and start playing with it. It was quite disturbing to some of the female staff / oldies.

They should have made him wear boxing gloves permanently (like the ones my mum made me wear before bed-time).
    Well you have to do something if you are locked up on a place like that, may as well make the most of it, they all think you are old and senile anyway.....

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    My Aunt at the age of 78 was working as a volunteer in an old peoples home looking after 60 year olds

Leave a comment:

• Shimano105
    replied
    Can you imagine it? Being forced to listen to Take That or Gareth Gates, whilst an arse washes your Brazilian ?

Corrected that for you mate.

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    I saw my granny suffer that way. She hated every minute of it. As an intelligent and well-read lady, I imagine that for her it was the equivalent of being forced to live with a load of chavs.
    I worked in an old peoples home for a short while as a teen. I remember one of the "in-mates" who used to whip his little fella out at any opportunity and start playing with it. It was quite disturbing to some of the female staff / oldies.

They should have made him wear boxing gloves permanently (like the ones my mum made me wear before bed-time).

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Shows how far gone I am - I'm more concerned about the other "inmates" I'll have to share time with. Wonder if you can get confined to solitary for bad behaviour???
    I saw my granny suffer that way. She hated every minute of it. As an intelligent and well-read lady, I imagine that for her it was the equivalent of being forced to live with a load of chavs.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Wonder if you can get confined to solitary for bad behaviour???
    Don't worry - by the time you retire the pension system as is will collapse - the old people will probably be sent to front lines on war on terror in Afganistan

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    robot

(or Brazilian robot I suppose. You can bet it won't be British though. )
    Shows how far gone I am - I'm more concerned about the other "inmates" I'll have to share time with. Wonder if you can get confined to solitary for bad behaviour???

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Can you imagine it? Being forced to listen to Take That or Gareth Gates, whilst a Brazilian washes your arse? ..
    robot

(or Brazilian robot I suppose. You can bet it won't be British though. )

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I have bad genes.

I will be dead.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Be nice to your children. they pick your old people's home

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Old People's Home - Are you looking forward to ending up there?

Can you imagine it? Being forced to listen to Take That or Gareth Gates, whilst a Brazilian washes your arse?

Working...
X