• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Company Bank Account"

Collapse

• Beefy198
    replied
    After knowing quite a few people who work for various banks they all confirm that unless a cheque is for a HUGE amount no-one checks it.

Hell, I've used a different signature than the one I used to open up my personal bank account for years and have never had a cheque or direct debit refused. I even signed a loan form with the newer signature and no-one battered an eyelid.

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    Someone did this to Jermey Clarkson not so long ago. He was boasting about how no one could do anything with your bank account details anyway so published his in his Sun column.

Someone used them to set up a Direct Debit to DiabetesUK for £500 a month...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7174760.stm

Leave a comment:

• Unicorn
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    - we have to hope that someone checks the signatures match up but I am not sure this is always the case.
    Not any more, Direct Debits are set up directly by the company who claims the money.

In the past there used to be a paper trail where the claiming company got the DD form from the customer (parts A+B), they then sent it to the customers bank who kept Part B, set up the DD and checked the signature on the form. Part A was then sent back to originating company which when received allowed them to claim money from the DD.

Now any DD company can just set one up and claim. The DD Indemnity Scheme then covers the complaints received.

Shed loads of back offices jobs gone as the number of complaints per number of DDs collected is minute.

Leave a comment:

• shoes
    replied
    Im insisting all future invoices are paid with a cheque then in that case, the sort code and account number are on the bottom of a cheque. Then I'll give that a go, do it every week bound to work sooner or later.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    with the sort code you can get the branch address

if you knew the name of the account holder you would then be able to set up a direct debit - we have to hope that someone checks the signatures match up but I am not sure this is always the case.

Leave a comment:

• shoes
    replied
    Am I right in thinking that all you can do with that information is pay money in?

Leave a comment:

• Beefy198
    replied
    Watch out, he might be trying to sign you up for charitable donations

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    What is you sort code and account id?
    how much you want to pay in? i need to know if its worth it before telling you.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    10 51 67

Hth

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    10 51 67

Hth

Leave a comment: