• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Company Bank Account"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Have you?
    You really are very defensive aren't you?

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Gotta keep it outta the wife's hands!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Have you got a problem with questions?
    Have you?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Are you just going to keep asking me questions all day?
    Have you got a problem with questions?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Jesus how much did they cost? (I thought you didn't own your house)
    Are you just going to keep asking me questions all day?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Mostly my house and my wedding over the last 3 years.
    Jesus how much did they cost? (I thought you didn't own your house)

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    What do you spend all your money on?
    Mostly my house and my wedding over the last 3 years.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    No!!!

I'm good now!!

I've got just enough. Which for me is a dramatic improvement on previous years.

I made a finacial planner the last time we talked about this, and I've stuck to it. I know when everything has to be paid, to who, how much etc.
    What do you spend all your money on?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    you spent all your taxes again haven't you?
    No!!!

I'm good now!!

I've got just enough. Which for me is a dramatic improvement on previous years.

I made a finacial planner the last time we talked about this, and I've stuck to it. I know when everything has to be paid, to who, how much etc.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Cause I'm extremely nosy!
    you spent all your taxes again haven't you?

Leave a comment:

• M_B
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I wouldn't bother Sally. Seriously Gordon is going to print money and any savings will be worthless. Spend all you earn and even better borrow to the hilt. Soon huge debts and huge savings will both be worth diddly squat.
    I'm inclined to agree, but the Japanese experience of quantitative easing didn't produce out of control inflation so we may escape it. However I agree that Gordon will no doubt be looking at this as a way out.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Dirty stinking "rich" people who had the AUDACITY to be prudent, save and live within their means!
    got lucky or did something dodgy

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    What about pensioners with debts They need help more than rich bastard pensioners. Plus, what with house prices dropping like a stone, they are a growing minority!
    Yes all wealth is theft. Dirty stinking "rich" people who had the AUDACITY to be prudent, save and live within their means!

ie. those that saved some money and didn't hook up to an 8x mortgage, get a £50K car loan and 25 credit cards all up to their £30K limits whilst earning min wage.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    I seem to remember you not even knowing how much of the money in your company account belonged to the taxman.

Not that I'm criticising of course...
    Sometimes I'm a knob!

I'm comfortable with that

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    If you have huge debts, then yes, it's great. That house you couldn't afford, that Porsche you got on tick are all yours now.

If you are say a pensioner who lives of a lump sum, or you were saving to buy a house or get married, sorry, you savings are gone.

So not really.
    What about pensioners with debts They need help more than rich bastard pensioners. Plus, what with house prices dropping like a stone, they are a growing minority!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X