• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Archbishop might be right"

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    "You're gonna get your f**king heads kicked in" - Revelations

Leave a comment:

• deano
    replied
    John 3:16

"Your not singing anymoooooore, your not singing anymore!"

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    (2 Kings 2:23-24)
    23 Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” 24 When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number.

Leave a comment:

• FSM with Cheddar
    replied
    There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.

Ezekiel 23:20

Bible quote blah blah

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I'm not a religious man, but the big bearded priest does seem to have a point, especially when he calls Gordon's fiscal stimulus package "the addict returning to the drug".

More financial common sense from the Church of England than all the world's bankers, finance ministers and blue chip directors combined.
    I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of contentment in every situation, whether it be a full stomach or hunger, plenty or want; for I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power.

Philippians 4:12-13

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Things had started going down by December 2007....
    Strictly yes, but hardly anybody had realised.

Here's one from July
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ervatives.html

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Talking of big beared bishops, someone sent me this, very funny IMO

P.S. Best not to watch if you're a devout Catholic
    else safe for work (well as much as youtube ever is)
    Adam Buxton is v.funny.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
    Darn it, remembered that myself, spent all evening googling it up as a riposte and then find someone beat me to it.

Well done!
    Things had started going down by December 2007....

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Google news archive timeline search. It's what I use instead of my long-term memory these days.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    Darn it, remembered that myself, spent all evening googling it up as a riposte and then find someone beat me to it.

Well done!

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    CofE

Yes they were!
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...ms-766815.html

Leave a comment:

• FSM with Cheddar
    replied
    The CofE weren’t complaining when everything was going up. Especially with their property portfolio in London.

Saying that, I do agree with him on the reality check bit.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Seriously guys, I think the big bearded bish has got it absolutely spot on.
    Talking of big beared bishops, someone sent me this, very funny IMO

P.S. Best not to watch if you're a devout Catholic
    else safe for work (well as much as youtube ever is)

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    I have to be careful not to preach
    I cant pretend that I can teach

And yet Ive lived your future out

By pounding stages like a clown.
    And on the church floor broken glass,

The bloody Altar slowly pass,

The broken pews in empty rows,
    It all belongs to me - you know.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Living beyond our means worked for 10 years so I see no reason why fiscal imprudence can't work indefinitely. Just how long do you guys need to prove the concept?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X