• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "1€ = 91p and falling"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    It pisses me off that Dabs now uses them - best way to piss off your customers is changing the delivery company that worked pretty well (Parcel Force).

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Quite. I just had some tulipy "Home Delivery Network" try to deliver my stuff so quietly that I did not hear them knocking
    We keep getting cards left saying that they were unable to deliver (not sure of the carrier), for addresses further down the street.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Quite. I just had some tulipy "Home Delivery Network" try to deliver my stuff so quietly that I did not hear them knocking

I've caught them trying to escape when I heard the card drop in but no ring or knock before that. Not to mention parcel returned "address does not exist".

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    There's always Royal Mail. The one thing that still works in this country.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    That's in hand. Privatise the profits, nationalise the losses.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    The time of not much worth buying from has been reached some years ago, thanks to Govts destroying British industry - now it's almost the time of "not worth selling to" due to plunging currency.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Yes, we have. Property with high and rising value (just like in Japan), and financial products that the world has confidence in. That's the rock-solid basis of our economy.

And we have the best football.

And - Buckingham Palace.

And - Maypole Dancers

You can jolly well eat your hearts out all ye BratwurstMüuchers

Leave a comment:

• beep
    replied
    Well this sucks for our French house build.

Thanks american banks and stupid tw@ts who borrowed beyond their means.

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Sacre Bleu! Le Boomed

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
    This is an example of German humour. It often makes a whooshing noise as it goes over little Englanders heads.

The fall in Sterling is because we have nothing worth buying.
    Yes, we have. Property with high and rising value (just like in Japan), and financial products that the world has confidence in. That's the rock-solid basis of our economy.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
    The City will save us all!

The time of not much worth buying from has been reached some years ago, thanks to Govts destroying British industry - now it's almost the time of "not worth selling to" due to plunging currency.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    This is an example of German humour. It often makes a whooshing noise as it goes over little Englanders heads.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Indirectly I suppose yes.
    1. Have you just been benched? If No, go to 2. If Yes, go to 3.

2. Boomed! Go to 6.

3. Are you a Tory? If No, go to 4. If Yes, go to 5.

4. Worldwide economic downturn. Go to 6.

5. It was Gordon's fault! Go to 6.

6. Stop it, it's too silly.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Look on the bright side: Sterling fall is a life-saver for UK economy

The sharp slide in the pound has been a godsend for the UK economy and may have helped Britain avert a much more serious crisis, according to the German bank Dresdner Kleinwort.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    You were benched by somebody called Gordon?
    Indirectly I suppose yes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X