• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: eureka!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "eureka!"

Collapse

• thunderlizard
    replied
    I'm in the same boat. I was supposed to produce x, but I would have bet my shirt that (a) the scope would grow to x+y+z at the last minute, and (b) their infrastructure team wouldn't get their risk reviews done on time.

So I built in 10 days buffer to cover either eventuality, and lo and behold they didn't need any of it. So hopefully it'll be 5-hour days from now till Crimbo for me!

Leave a comment:

• Liability
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    Who's "they"?
    you mean you don't know who "they" are? You must have heard if them before?

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Who's "they"?

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    and they said it couldn't be done!

don't you just love it when a customers daft request can be achieved despite all the functional and technical barriers.
    Project not oursourced then

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    How said it couldn't be done? Idiots.......

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23 View Post

don't you just love it when a customers daft request can be achieved despite all the functional and technical barriers.
    Does this mean you'll be back in TPD where you belong soon???

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    It's a triumph of humanity over adversity and courage over tragedy.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Well blow me down

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Who'd have thought it eh?

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    started a topic eureka!

eureka!

Working...
X