• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Wednesday Debate"

Collapse

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Aye DA

A canny choice of car .

Chances are that you are unlikely to encounter any of the urban horrors that lurk in Scotland, they tend to be confined to public transport, where I was assaulted last year on a bus last year, and curiously enough, fish and chip shops.

My brother was hit over the head with a bottle whilst coming out of a chip shop near Glasgow a few years ago, they caught the criminals, but my brother suffered from migranes for years after.

Then a couple of years after this I happened to be leaving a chip shop when I found myself confronted with a pack of thugs (or Neds as they are called around Glasgow) ' Yer Teas Oot ' shouted one then swung his boot at me, however I managed to swiftly step aside and grab his boot,then pushed back causing him to toppple over.

At this point his mates lunged towards me, badly outnumbered and fearing the worse , things looked rather grim at this point .

Incredibly I then saw two policemen running to my aid , the sight of the Police caused the thugs to flee, I recall the Police manged to arrest at least two of them who were taken into the back of a Glasgow Police Van for counseling...ie a good kicking.

Never had I beed so glad to see the Police I can tell you ...

But rest assured DA as long as you avoid Public Transport and Chip Shops, not that an agent of your stature would be likely to be seen in either, you will have an excellent and trouble free stay.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 22 September 2005, 09:45.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Off to Scotland

PS Good luck in your journey to the old country Scotland ! [/QUOTE]

Thanks Alf,
    I am having my Mondeo "customised" for the trip

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...lr%3D%26sa%3DN

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Cant believe someone likes Brussels. Spent a year there, hated it. Ah well takes all sorts.
    Well it gets evern more bizzare as I like not only Brussels but Hamilton Accies.

PS you were Mark in Brussels and I claim my fiver !

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    You still in Brussels, Alf?

I left mid-June, took the summer off, and have been looking now for over three weeks.

Fortunately I have stashed away large amounts of wedge to keep me going through the lean times

The canny contractor always has large amounts of needful clink put away for a rainy year.

Aye Im still here in Brussels,longer Im here the more I like it, altough I would prefer to live in Ghent.

Dont worry youll soon get a wee contract, for Alf has spoken thus.
    Cant believe someone likes Brussels. Spent a year there, hated it. Ah well takes all sorts.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied

I left mid-June, took the summer off, and have been looking now for over three weeks.

Fortunately I have stashed away large amounts of wedge to keep me going through the lean times

Aye Fleet

Good to hear from you!

The canny contractor always has large amounts of needful clink put away for a rainy year.

Aye Im still here in Brussels,longer Im here the more I like it, altough I would prefer to live in Ghent.

Dont worry youll soon get a wee contract, for The Alf has thus ordained.

Nihil Desperandum

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by Fleetwood
    "I want you"
    "It was so good last night"
    "touch me again in my secret place" etc etc etc etc
    Don't stop, Fleety, nearly there.....

Kate Moss has no appeal to me. It'd be like going to bed with a bicycle.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    That is fine Alf. She is however a public (highly paid) figure that supposedly represents the type of people that her clients want to sell their products to.
    Impressionable girls do not need her as a role model so her clients should ditch her.
    Aye DA

I agree with your point, let me add to that that no model or public figure has been rebuked for smoking nor drinking which I consider hypocritical as these substances are as worse than Cocaine.

Again she didnt set out to advertise her cocaine abuse but was, as far as I can gather ,intruded upon, well its all part of the price of fame I suppose.

PS Good luck in your journey to the old country Scotland !

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood
    replied
    kate moss and girlfriend. (Not really "I want to touch myself" material, but OK, if you've got a good imagination)

What could thay be saying to each other?

"I want you"
    "It was so good last night"
    "touch me again in my secret place" etc etc etc etc

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    Did God say anything about drugs though?
    A little wine for thy stomachs sake ...

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    on the other hand

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    I think here the important point is that whatever we might think of the person in question, they are quite entitled to their private life.

I find it abhroent that ones personal life can be intruded in this uninvited manner, but perhaps that is the price of Fame, in which case rather her than moi old chum.

Now ...where did I put me stash ?

Fame, fame, fame, fame
    Is it any wonder I reject you first?
    Is it any wonder you are too cool to fool
    Fame

Fame, bully for you, chilly for me
    Got to get a rain check on pain
    Fame
    That is fine Alf. She is however a public (highly paid) figure that supposedly represents the type of people that her clients want to sell their products to.
    Impressionable girls do not need her as a role model so her clients should ditch her.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood
    replied
    Fortunately I have stashed away large amounts of wedge to keep me going through the lean times.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Did God say anything about drugs though?

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Fame

I think here the important point is that whatever we might think of the person in question, they are quite entitled to their private life.

I find it abhroent that ones personal life can be intruded in this uninvited manner, but perhaps that is the price of Fame, in which case rather her than moi old chum.

Now ...where did I put me stash ?

Fame, fame, fame, fame
    Is it any wonder I reject you first?
    Is it any wonder you are too cool to fool
    Fame

Fame, bully for you, chilly for me
    Got to get a rain check on pain
    Fame
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 21 September 2005, 15:54. Reason: Vanity

Leave a comment:

• ~Craig~
    replied
    she's had lesbian flings?

Leave a comment:

• voron
    replied
    She's certainly no beauty, that's for sure. With her figure she doesn't even look like a woman, rather a girl. That said, most of these so-called supermodels aren't exactly classical beauties.

Ultimately, should we really care whether she has had lesbian flings and uses drugs? She's a model, and it says something about our culture when such people are elevated as role models and we devote so much of our time trying to bask in their glory.
    People like Kate Moss can only set a bad example because they are given so much media exposure and because we are happy to encourage children that to be 'cool' and 'famous' like her and her ilk is the ultimate goal in life.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X