• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: new car

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "new car"

Collapse

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    I don't have a Focus but all of that is tulipe. It has won numerous reliability awards and tests. Image of course is in the eye of each individual sad snob.
    I think you missed the joke ...

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    thanks for all the suggestions folks!

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Archangel View Post
    If its the old model its worth about 2k, they have a problem with the steering I believe. (as well as a piss poor image, massive depreciation and poor reliability)
    I don't have a Focus but all of that is tulipe. It has won numerous reliability awards and tests. Image of course is in the eye of each individual sad snob.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    I have a nearly new Focus Ghia diesel for sale if you are interested?

Leave a comment:

• Purple Dalek
    replied
    Towards the end of March. The sales of new registrations will be a disaster and the dealers will be Desperate, with a deliberate big 'D' and an extra dosing of sweaty palmed fear.

You'll get some good offers.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    NEVER.

Get one about 2-3 years old : will not depreciate as much. Or do what sasguru suggested and get a banger for a grand.
    He did say new (used) by which I inferred he mean a new car for him, but one that was secondhand. I think you should re-read the original post and see if you again come to a different conclusion.....

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    so when do folks reckon would be the best time to get a new (used!) car to get the best deal?

Xmas eve? Hogmanay, end of Jan?
    NEVER.

Get one about 2-3 years old : will not depreciate as much. Or do what sasguru suggested and get a banger for a grand.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    If you are after a car > £15K I'd hang on for a bit. Most 3-4 year old Mercedes for instance, lost 1.5K in the trade guides last month so hanging on until March/April if the recession continues (yeah right) might be prudent (!).

Leave a comment:

• Archangel
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    If its the old model its worth about 2k, they have a problem with the steering I believe. (as well as a piss poor image, massive depreciation and poor reliability)

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Liability
    replied
    anytime now - lease or buying car prices are just shockingly low - brand lew leases are also there for the taking as many buy upfront to offload....

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Any time immediately before christmas and just after new year. After that, Feb should be a good time to haggle. New registrations are due 1st March so dealers will want to shift stock before then.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    started a topic new car

new car

so when do folks reckon would be the best time to get a new (used!) car to get the best deal?

Xmas eve? Hogmanay, end of Jan?

Working...
X