• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Scotland most violent democracy in the world"

Collapse

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Interesting that the figure for the US is so much lower.
    It could be because a much higher proportion of the US victims were killed, so they didn't get interviewed.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    'Scuse me, I'm just off to touch my own weaponry.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    I like guns.
    Funny that, so do I!

Tried these, random selection of favourites. Take a look Wage, you might be able to keep up when we get all gun crazed.

http://remtek.com/arms/

http://world.guns.ru/

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    I like guns.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    This is the NRA forum and I claim my £5.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    If you're in Glasgow I might recommend the Ares FMG folding SMG. You might need that superior rate of fire and it folds nicely and unobtrusively away when you've finished.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD
    Sounds grim.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/birmingham/cont..._feature.shtml

I used to live in Handsworth in Birmingham back in '85 when the riots started. There was lots of info about staying indoors, not to walk alone at night etc...

Thing is, I always used to walk back through Lozells Road after several beers in the evening and never saw a thing.
    Me too. Never saw a thing the whole time and I used to travel Lozells Road twice a day.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    The study, based on telephone interviews conducted between 1991 and 2000, said 3% of people in Scotland had suffered an assault, while the figure for England and Wales was second highest at 2.8%. Both Australia and New Zealand had the next highest proportion of assaults among their population at 2.4%, exactly double the level reported for the United States.
    I remember about 10 years ago Newport in South Wales was reported as the place most likely for you to get a good kicking on a Friday night. I don't think those Taffs should stand for some namby-pamby Jocks getting above them in the league. What we need is more binge drinking. Looks as though the difference between Scotland and England/Wales is very small though.

Interesting that the figure for the US is so much lower. Perhaps this supports AtW's view that the way ahead is US-style gun laws and armed citezenry. Would you mug someone if there was a fair to middling chance they're going to have a shooter?

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Sounds grim.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/birmingham/cont..._feature.shtml

I used to live in Handsworth in Birmingham back in '85 when the riots started. There was lots of info about staying indoors, not to walk alone at night etc...

Thing is, I always used to walk back through Lozells Road after several beers in the evening and never saw a thing.

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Edinburgh

Ive lived here for about 20 months, and been assualted 3 times. Last Christmas, 4 people who worked in my local were assualted, and Ive had to attend the Sheriffs court as a witness to an assualt on the chef of a posh bar on George Street.

It is violent, and I always insist in making sure any women who are out with us get a taxi home - use Festival Taxis as they have female drivers and have contracts with all the major chains of pubs and bars.

I know at least 3 of my female friends here have been raped.

during the day its as safe as any other town. Its a different place around New Years - the festival is fairly well behaved but New Years it can be mental - full of druggies trying to pick off tourists. Dont walk home at night is my best advice.

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Well possibly

but then Baghdad is positively tranquil by comparison to Nottingham.

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    very strange. I went to Glasgow a few weekends ago and I found it very low key and calm, almost quaint compared to Nottingham/Reading/East London etc.

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Well you'll be alright

You are taking Terry with you, aren't you?
    (I was going to post 'Yer takin Tel wif ye, aintcher?' but thought it would look silly.)

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Scotland

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
    Scotland's a democracy. When did that happen then?
    And that ******* DundeeGeorge, what a twat, eh!
    I am going there next Tuesday

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Woohoo

Scotland's a democracy. When did that happen then?
    And that ******* DundeeGeorge, what a twat, eh!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X