• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Woolworths 50% sale"

Collapse

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Woolies has gone bust because it got targetted by the joint evils Tesco and Walmart (ASDA in this country).

I bought my first album in Woollies and we used to nick marker pens (good for graffiti) and Blu-Tack from there. Happy days.......
    You see you are the reason that they are now going down!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    Originally posted by ContractIn View Post
    Wheres the best place to monitor prices for PS3? Have decided to invest in one...
    And indeed you should cause they are a thing of beauty!

Combined with a LoveFilm subscription for BluRay lovelyness (and YES you can tell the difference) you cant beat it.

Leave a comment:

• shoes
    replied
    Load of tat now half price at best.

I didn't want it before and I don't want it now, even if it were free.

If they'd pay me to take it and send it to me in the post rather than have me visit the dreadful mucky shop I'd give it some consideration.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Woolies has gone bust because it got targetted by the joint evils Tesco and Walmart (ASDA in this country).

I bought my first album in Woollies and we used to nick marker pens (good for graffiti) and Blu-Tack from there. Happy days.......
    You see you are the reason that they are now going down!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    All Stock 50%.

Loads of cretins on the news thinking there's bargains to be had, complaining it's rubbish. They must ignore the "up to" that sits between "All Stock" and "50%".

This is nothing different that any other sale.

If they ever did offer 50% off everything, they should only offer it to those with customer loyalty cards. Everyone else can whinge all they like, if they'd shopped there before the 'bargains', Woolies wouldn't be in the mess it is.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    LOL Ardesco !

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Can't believe woolies is closing down after all this time, you know the government should really intervene and save the company! They have done it for the banks so why not the retailers????

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Beefy198 View Post
    From what I've heard about the supposed behaviour of some of the 'bargain hunters', they should be ashamed of themselves. ..
    On another blog I read someone today mentioned having just returned from a Woolies sale, where he found most of the shelves empty and looking like the store had been sacked by Visigoths!

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I went, the sale hasn't changed from last weeks disapointment
    Does Woolies still have the old Pick-and-Mix sweetie counter ?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Anyone been to Woolies today? Any real bargains or have they got rid of the good resalable stuff like PS3's, Xbox, Ipod's etc?
    I went, the sale hasn't changed from last weeks disapointment

Leave a comment:

• deano
    replied
    The discounting wont be as good in high-value assets like games consoles. If there are thousands left when Woolies shuts it's doors for the last time, the administrators will show them as assets on the balance sheet, and they can be flogged off en-mass to a company like Amazon or Game for a wholesale price.

Pick'n'Mix is not an asset that is any good because it has a very short shelf-life, so they will want to get rid of it all.

Everything else will be in between these two extremes.

Leave a comment:

• Beefy198
    replied
    From what I've heard about the supposed behaviour of some of the 'bargain hunters', they should be ashamed of themselves. I think they need to remember that the people they are moaning at because "prices haven't been discounted as advertised" are going to lose their jobs.

On the other hand, if I hear one more cretin state that the government should intervene and save the company.....

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Why is Woolworths in Germany not bankrupt?
    I think it's a separate company, Woolworths in the USA went bankrupt 10 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I order my Christmas purchases from a purveyor of luxury goods who brings them to my house. It's worrying to think that if this recession bites testers hard, I might some day end up queueing in a shop with the great unwashed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X