• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Credit crunch stories - got any?"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    One banker was said to have described the crash as worse than divorce: "I've lost over half my wealth, but I still have my wife".
    And have they been divorced? If not - how would they know?

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    One banker was said to have described the crash as worse than divorce: "I've lost over half my wealth, but I still have my wife".

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
    i think money grabbing whore would suffice?

i bet she left with all the family jewellery in her bag too.
    And his crown jewels too?

Divorce - from the latin to rip out a man's genitals via his wallet.....

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    At least he found out what his wife was really like
    You never really know anyone until you divorce them.

Leave a comment:

• NetwkSupport
    replied
    Just thinking; leaving aside what we think of bankers, what should one call a woman who marries a guy in the good times when he’s making millions and then leaves him in desolation when things go downhill? Would ‘whore’ be politically unacceptable? Or too polite?
    i think money grabbing whore would suffice?

i bet she left with all the family jewellery in her bag too.

Leave a comment:

• BrianSnail
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    I would suggest 'minted'.
    I would suggest 'my new girlfriend'.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Mrs Tester's very skilled with an electric hair trimmer too.
    you mean like this?

SFW

Leave a comment:

• basshead
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    I would suggest 'boomed'.

Leave a comment:

• stingman123
    replied
    Just thinking; leaving aside what we think of bankers, what should one call a woman who marries a guy in the good times when he’s making millions and then leaves him in desolation when things go downhill? Would ‘whore’ be politically unacceptable? Or too polite?
    I think we just call them "women"

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I was told the other day about Lehmans banker. Bought a £4m house - £2m cash, £2m loan to be paid back from bonuses - secured by £4m Lehmans shares ("In case they halve").

House repossessed, wife left him with the kids (who he does not see). Being made bankrupt, living in bedroom with his parents.

Should happen to all bankers really.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

You're too soft on them. Castration is the best way to prevent them reproducing.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I was told the other day about Lehmans banker. Bought a £4m house - £2m cash, £2m loan to be paid back from bonuses - secured by £4m Lehmans shares ("In case they halve").

House repossessed, wife left him with the kids (who he does not see). Being made bankrupt, living in bedroom with his parents.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    benched since sept (though officially off since june - travelling).

Alfa GT Q2 07 was 26k now 12.5k

may end up taking a perm job just to tide me over

Leave a comment:

Working...
X