• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Irish Pigs were fed bread still in plastic bags"

Collapse

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    So the pigs are investigating the pigs ?

Oh the irony....

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    In "unapproved oil" whatever that is...
    In the pharma industry, all the parts, spares and consumables have to part of a 'bill of materials'

if you use something thats not in the BOM , then it's 'unapproved' and you will get panned for it

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    In the Eighties I knew a number of vegan ALF people - they weren't the kind of loonies who planted firebombs in fur shops, but they were pretty damn zealous (no honey - exploitation of bees, FFS).

They used to feed their cats vegan cat food...
    Methinks the problem lies therein....

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    not withdrawn beef products.
    If you've ever had the misfortune to eat a McDonald's, you'll understand that the plastic wrapping actually adds to the flavour.

So no problems there.

Leave a comment:

• Lambros
    replied
    According to the Telegraph 47 farms are affected. They include 10 pig and 37beef farms, but the Irish government has not withdrawn beef products.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddr...-happened.html

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    OOOO, filth!
    Don't blame me..I didn't make the film !

So much for porcines being clean animals....dirty little porkers....

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Er....which version ?
    OOOO, filth!

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    After all that trouble they caused on 'Animal Farm' ,
    Er....which version ?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    So nothing to worry about feeding them foodstuffs wrapped in plastic then ? The pigs just unwrap it and chow down ?
    Smart...very smart indeed...
    After all that trouble they caused on 'Animal Farm' , I find it very hard to have any sympathy for the blighters

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Tony english posted : Pigs are great animals. They are intelligent
    So nothing to worry about feeding them foodstuffs wrapped in plastic then ? The pigs just unwrap it and chow down ?
    Smart...very smart indeed...

Leave a comment:

• Money Money Money
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    the missus got me a mars bar on Saturday. Should I be worried ?

Do you have a small, thin curly pink....

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post
    A mate of mine used to get all the reject mars bars, he fed them to the pigs wrapper and all!

It just comes out the other end. He won loads of awards for the best flavoured pork!
    the missus got me a mars bar on Saturday. Should I be worried ?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    What does that tell us about the safety of plastic used for food wrapping, even if it isn't eaten?!
    Hmm, one moment we have scare stories about the dangers of dioxins in plastics (released on heating, e.g. in the microwave) only for there to be scientific rebuttal (the reason being that there are no dioxins in plastic, although there are other nasties). So now there are dioxins in plastic after all?

Leave a comment:

• Money Money Money
    replied
    A mate of mine used to get all the reject mars bars, he fed them to the pigs wrapper and all!

It just comes out the other end. He won loads of awards for the best flavoured pork!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Pigs are great animals. They are intelligent and actually very clean and when you eventually grow bored of them you can eat them - something you tend not to do with a dog, unless you are Korean or something.

When I was a kid I used to get paid for looking after them. When the batch went to market I got the price of one of the piglets for my work. One time we had a sow drop 8 which is pretty small, but the piglets were pretty big. I picked the biggest and decided that would be mine and I was going to sell it seperately. I used to feed it away from its brothers and sisters ensuring that it ate as much as the other 7 put together (food was paid for by my folks - so free to me!). One day I came in to feed them and my fat little porker came 'running' to meet me were it promptly keeled over and died at my feet. It was like a big ping ball of blubber.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X