• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Doomed

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Doomed"

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Nope, it's perfectly reasonable to dis all agents. As long as you only do it on here, incognito!
    Who are you calling incognito?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    But he still smells of wee...

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

BTW I'm more grey than ginger.
    But he still smells of wee...

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
    I am sorry that was a personal insult and I sincerely apologise.

I did not mean to boast or upset anyone and have found myself wound up by people on an internet forum. I will end now. Not all my apogies are snide

Left school? only just.
    Life is too short mate, just remember most people on here have learnt from experience by making the same mistakes and even though it may not seem like it they are trying to help.

BTW I'm more grey than ginger.

Merry Xmas.

Leave a comment:

• conned tractor
    replied
    I am sorry that was a personal insult and I sincerely apologise.

I did not mean to boast or upset anyone and have found myself wound up by people on an internet forum. I will end now. Not all my apogies are snide

Left school? only just.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Its worse than the playground here....

....I suppose it does help to have the force on your side if you really are a ginger.
    Feck me who’s in the playground now? Have you even left school?

It was only a bit of constructive criticism... which you chose to ignore looking at your snide apologies.

Leave a comment:

• conned tractor
    replied
    It was not my intentious to boast. I am sorry for that also. IT seems that there are some sticky roles which suit my skill and i had a number of immediate calls from numerous agents, mainly about these roles and a couple about other roles. Apologies in advance if anyone picks holes in this comment.

I suppose it does help to have the force on your side if you really are a ginger. Maybe one day you will make it as internet fora legislative expert. I did type that your honour.

Thanks ratewhore, it pays the bills alright. Agressive bunch if you say the wqrong the thing aren't they.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Of course I don't let on what rate i'm on. I'm sorry if MY mis-comment has in any way been detrimental to your existance. I should articulate exactly since it a "contractors" internet forum. However some the people I work with tend to know what rate i'm approximately on since its pretty much a standard level.

I apologise for being a knob - in your opinion. I will now reside to the sidelines. I just thought that feedback of current happenings in this field would be interesting to those in this field. There does seem to be a lot of contracts going out the door at the moment and some contracts created by current economic conditions. I'm glad I don't work for you - excel/powerpoint engineering would be my guess.

Merry christmas.
    Ignore them, they're all winkers anyway!!

You have a bit of work to do though if you're only on double the permie rate

Leave a comment:

• conned tractor
    replied
    sidelined

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    ...Makes me cringe telling them on the phone my rate when the poor permies in earshot don't even get half of what I get".
    Did you or did you not type that? When you've got a few contracts under your belt and you've sussed out the contracting etiquette you will look back at this post and realise your boasting about doing personal stuff on billed time and blurting out your rate within earshot was a bit daft.

I suggest you leave it there before you dig yourself an even bigger hole.

Leave a comment:

• conned tractor
    replied
    Of course I don't let on what rate i'm on. I'm sorry if MY mis-comment has in any way been detrimental to your existance. I should articulate exactly since it a "contractors" internet forum. However some the people I work with tend to know what rate i'm approximately on since its pretty much a standard level.

I apologise for being a knob - in your opinion. I will now reside to the sidelines. I just thought that feedback of current happenings in this field would be interesting to those in this field. There does seem to be a lot of contracts going out the door at the moment and some contracts created by current economic conditions. I'm glad I don't work for you - excel/powerpoint engineering would be my guess.

Merry christmas.

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    Its worse than the playground here.

Of course I don't spout off about my rate. Yep, I do think that agents are mainly slimeballs and I will continue to treat them like that. Sorry my choice.

I do take the call, yes on mobile, I see this as fine as environment is quite relaxed.

There are some angry people on here. Some people need to take a holiday, maybe christmas will help.
    to quote what YOU said...

"Makes me cringe telling them on the phone my rate when the poor permies in earshot don't even get half of what I get"

If you think that is perfectly ok then I feel sorry for you. If you were working for me and did that, you wouldn't see out the day.

And I would suggest most people here are happy (with a couple of notable exceptions of course). However I do suspect people get a little hacked off with those who think it's funny to behave like a knob and give contractors a bad name.

But hey, maybe that's just me.

Leave a comment:

• conned tractor
    replied
    I tend to see the holiday situation as an advantage and plan to take at least 5 or 6 weeks off, if project allows, and still earn more then twice than the permie.

On a side note, I have had a few wellwishers telling me that hopefully I might even get a permie role one day....like I want one, yeah right.

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    There are some angry people on here. Some people need to take a holiday, maybe christmas will help.
    Contractor - Holiday Does not compute!

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Its worse than the playground here.

Of course I don't spout off about my rate. Yep, I do think that agents are mainly slimeballs and I will continue to treat them like that. Sorry my choice.

I do take the call, yes on mobile, I see this as fine as environment is quite relaxed.

just going by what you told us!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X