• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New law allows positive discrimination in job recruitment"

Collapse

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    Is it cos I isn't black?
    No, its because you'z iz from da west side.

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    More votes for the BNP.
    'ere hang on - I may be dumb but I'm not desperate!

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    More votes for the BNP.

Leave a comment:

• chris79
    replied
    It will only happen in public sector, private companies will offer the job to the best person for the job (after all, it's all about money right)..

No doubt when it doesn't happen properly in the public sector the gay/ethnic/criminal/illegal immigrant will get a seven figure sum for injury to their feelings for being overlooked for that top public office position.

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
    putting the boot in again to white males

we have zero ****** rights as it is
    I'm a white, non-religious, hetrosexual, married male with a job and no criminal record. Everything is my fault....I guess I should go top myself through sheer guilt and shame.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Is it cos I isn't black?

Leave a comment:

• mrdonuts
    replied
    putting the boot in again to white males

we have zero ****** rights as it is

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    BOOMED!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Surely bosses (ie. real world bosses, not those morons in the public service) will just do what bosses have always done...select the one with the big chest puppies!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• New law allows positive discrimination in job recruitment

How will this pan out?

Positive action for job recruitment to be enshrined in law

The move allows firms to use "positive action" when recruiting staff to posts which are under-represented by women or ethnic minorities.

Positive action differs from the more controversial positive discrimination because it allows bosses to use race or gender as selection criteria only if candidates are otherwise of equal merit.
    Really...

Should be fun.

Working...
X