• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Queen's Speech anyone?"

Collapse

• Purple Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I just saw a bit of Cameron giving Brown a bit of a kicking. It's the most miserable I've ever seen Brown, and that's saying something.
    It is quite something that the current bunch of clowns has reduced parliament to being mere entertainment.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I just saw a bit of Cameron giving Brown a bit of a kicking. It's the most miserable I've ever seen Brown, and that's saying something.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
    It's a growth industry, without a doubt. It will be interesting to see what happens when there's no money left to pay them all.
    It's a shame we can't all buy shares in it

Oh hang on..

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Badger View Post
    Lots of new departments and committees being set up - more civil servants.
    That just means more painful cuts when the 'Call me Dave' party take over and have to try and balance the books. That way, NewOldLabour can accuse the tories of pushing up unemployment.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by Badger View Post
    It's a growth industry, without a doubt. It will be interesting to see what happens when there's no money left to pay them all.

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ravello
    replied
    The whole speech looks like it was put together by the Daily Mail to deliberately upset 'middle England'

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
    Quite possibly it is that everyone knows the whole country is ****ed and there's nothing you, me, or the man in the moon can do about it.

Knowing that means listening to, and commenting on, a speech written by the same idiots who got us into this mess is of little interest.
    global economy

Leave a comment:

• Purple Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    I thought this would be quite a hot topic but it seems you lot are more interested in Christmas and avatars and waffles/triffids/truffles etc..

What has happened to CUK today?

Linky - merely for completelness
    Quite possibly it is that everyone knows the whole country is ****ed and there's nothing you, me, or the man in the moon can do about it.

Knowing that means listening to, and commenting on, a speech written by the same idiots who got us into this mess is of little interest.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    I wonder what she'd really say given the chance?
    Who am I?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    I'm bored with this - anyone fancy a pint
    …of gin.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    I'm bored with this - anyone fancy a pint

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    She'd say "So what do you do then?"

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    “My government is committed to helping families and businesses through difficult times”

Firstly, what about individuals?

Secondly, if they didn’t help families and businesses into difficult times, they wouldn’t have to help them through them either.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X