• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What sort of depression are we about to have?"

Collapse

• Manic
    replied
    Originally posted by basshead View Post
    Manic.

Its already a frustrating mess.
    What??

Leave a comment:

• Ravello
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Being brave and doing it myself. When it all goes tits up I'll probably use a migration agent
    Best bet by far. I might just have been unlucky but the migration consultant I used recently was worse than useless, to the point where I needed to tell him what to do at stages of the application.

On top of that since they apply on your behalf the actual embassy will not send anything direct to you, only to the (physical) address of the agency. Since Embassies refuse to use email for any type of communication and the Australian (and UK embassy in Oz) both have the cheek to charge you $10 to speak to them on the phone, it all becomes a tad tedious.

Anyway good luck DS!

Leave a comment:

• BrianSnail
    replied
    Being brave and doing it myself. When it all goes tits up I'll probably use a migration agent
    Brave, very brave!

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by dwm009 View Post
    DS, are you doing the application yourself or paying vast sums of your hard earned (read - invoiced for not doing much) to an immigration consultant?

Leave a comment:

• Svalbaard
    replied
    I don't think it will be great... I think it will be awesome.

And it's great to be able to sit here and watch it happen totally unaffected.

Leave a comment:

• BrianSnail
    replied
    Australia visa application is almost completed. Hopefully the far better state of their public finances will make it less painful there...
    DS, are you doing the application yourself or paying vast sums of your hard earned (read - invoiced for not doing much) to an immigration consultant?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Australia visa application is almost completed. Hopefully the far better state of their public finances will make it less painful there...
    Australia is the land of milk and Honey. Well, Uranium, Thorium, sunlight, low population. Boomed.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Its the future. Everything is going to move East. UK will just be left with chavs.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Winning is prize enough.
    So you don't want the password to the andyw account? Suit yourself.....

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Apparently "Long" was known as "Great" until the "Great" came along. If you get my drift.
    Yes, and "Great" will soon become known as the "Second Greatest"

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    TW has not even asked what his prize is yet!
    Winning is prize enough.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    TW has not even asked what his prize is yet!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Congratulations - you have set an all time cuk record from thread post to asking where poll is - about 27 milliseconds I believe.

When do you want your prize?

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    In that case we need 'The depression to end all depressions'

Or "This depression is different from the previous drepressions", No more boom and bust , now just Bust, busty, bustiest, Jordan.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X