• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "So is your agent having a contract Xmas Do this Year?"

Collapse

• lightng
    replied
    Ive been invited to a two hour lunch with other contractors. Out of date nibbles and generic orange juice probably.

I'd rather my agent respond in some way to my requests/queries throughout the year than invite me to a half-hearted christmas do.

I want my old agent back!

Leave a comment:

• Another Dodgy Agent
    replied
    Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    When I was a nipper the agents used to nick my lunch-money.

That happened to me too, maybe I should have become an IT contractor!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Never been offered any sort of Xmas do by a pimp. Wouldn't go anyway.

Was offered a meal out by 2 pimps when I was in a recruiting position for a team, but sent them packing with the words "Thanks for the offer, but I don't do bribes".

Struck them off my PSL.
    a man of principle, I like it

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Never been offered any sort of Xmas do by a pimp. Wouldn't go anyway.

Was offered a meal out by 2 pimps when I was in a recruiting position for a team, but sent them packing with the words "Thanks for the offer, but I don't do bribes".

Struck them off my PSL.

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by Another Dodgy Agent View Post
    What are you so miffed about may I ask?
    When I was a nipper the agents used to nick my lunch-money.

Leave a comment:

• Another Dodgy Agent
    replied
    Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    Champagne all round then. Hope my 10% of the canapes taste like crud. Agents
    What are you so miffed about may I ask?

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by Another Dodgy Agent View Post
    We are doing our Xmas Do as normal. Despite the last year of crunch credit we have posted our best year yet in terms of gross profit. Undoubtedly next year may not prove so prosperous. Anyhow we are going ahead with our contractor party.
    Champagne all round then. Hope my 10% of the canapes taste like crud. Agents

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    Once got a lunchtime cup of coffee from a bloke at Hayes. Never ever been offered anything from last and current agents. Miserable gits

Leave a comment:

• Another Dodgy Agent
    replied
    We are doing our Xmas Do as normal. Despite the last year of crunch credit we have posted our best year yet in terms of gross profit. Undoubtedly next year may not prove so prosperous. Anyhow we are going ahead with our contractor party.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Agency aren't having any sort of do (I've never been taken out by an agent yet as a Contractor. Plenty of times in my Client days).

Client isn't having a do.

Client's Client has cancelled all staf dos.

Merry Christmas!

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    He is- just a little over-vigorous with the tongue!
    So good old fashioned fun. No harm in a bit of tongue fun.

Just stay away from me

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    it sounds like you are fun to be around when you get an opportunity to drink

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Pimp??? what pimp?

no direct option!

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    it sounds like you are fun to be around when you get an opportunity to drink
    It sounds like you failed to read post 3 in this thread and therefore missed the humour in my post.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X