• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Weekend

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weekend"

Collapse

• tay
    replied
    You werent wrong.... you were very VERY wrong.

But good to see the SANZA unions tgrashing the NH scum.... in fact a SANZA side hasnt lost to a 6N side home or away all year....

And NZ wont the Rugby League World Cup...

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Eng played far better than the scoreline against Aus suggested last time out. If I was putting money on it I would back them to win this weekend.

Sometimes it's great being so wrong

Leave a comment:

• Romanymagic
    replied
    Tonight has seen the perfection that is chicken vindaloo, mushroom rice, mushroom bhaji, bombay aloo, sag aloo - aahh bliss!

Tomorrow will largely be spent at the beemer stealers negotiating new beemer cars, followed by a pilgrimage to Bluewater for the final Xmas present shopping.

Sunday, will see the usual family invasion for Sunday lunch, followed by thought provoking conversation between an agent, a black cab driver, a builder, a housewife, a bank manager, a trader and a teenager, plus a grandmother - as you can imagine everyone has an opinion. Followed (after the ongoing rows by a dose of TopGear.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Will probably go to that temple of consumerism, Brent Cross Shopping Centre.

And got to sweep the leaves from the garden 'cause I can't see the garden anymore.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I have been ill today - so hoping I can recover to do something. Else I will do what I did today - sleep......

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Voddie, popcorn, Gremlims, Theatre, Mass, Inlaws.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    I will have to check that out
    Plan B

SFW

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Sorry luvvie - nope! But he is working with a load of Irish (and English) fellas out there, I am sure there are plenty of them single
    I will have to check that out

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by tay View Post
    So if we win the 3N and grand slams, stay number one in the world.. who is the best?
    Rugby isnt like football, every test matters in rugby, and if you think being useless for 4 years and then making a WC final is a good result.... go back to football.
    Of course if you win everything except world cups you're likely to say that.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Doing it with a Norweigan bloke I met on the internet
    Remember: rubber up.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    I would err on the side of the GS for your trip, but look into the build quality issues they have had with the 1200GS. Consider the 1150 as well. You'll find loads of stuff here, although you probably know of ukgser already.
    Strangely enough there is a sockpuppet on there that looks just like me.

Yeah, I think the GS will be better. Just the hidden copper in me wants to try a Pan.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    I've a K75 in my collection, #7 off the production line. So no ABS or fairing etc. The K series is a nice ride whatever the model.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied

Got two to test ride. R1200GS and Pan European.

Never did the travelling thing after uni and now I reckon its time - putting it all into storage and heading off. This contract finished in Jan, do some odd work for a few months.

Leaving in April next year to go around Europe on a bike until July time then heading over to the US and doing coast-coast on it. Possibly might do south america if funds allow.

Doing it with a Norweigan bloke I met on the internet - should be interesting to say the least. Looks like there will be 3 - 4 of us leaving together in April - can't frikking wait.

Spend the last year planning it, got the bike licence now I just have to wait for this contract to end.
    Best of luck to you then. Sounds great. I generally do European tours, but I do have a plan to ride around the Baltic Sea within the next 3 years.

I would err on the side of the GS for your trip, but look into the build quality issues they have had with the 1200GS. Consider the 1150 as well. You'll find loads of stuff here, although you probably know of ukgser already.

Either way, have fun when you go...
    Last edited by ratewhore; 21 November 2008, 11:40. Reason: add linky

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    K1200GT - brand spankers. Cash buy so will be looking for substantial deal. If not, sod em.

You?
    Got two to test ride. R1200GS and Pan European.

Never did the travelling thing after uni and now I reckon its time - putting it all into storage and heading off. This contract finished in Jan, do some odd work for a few months.

Leaving in April next year to go around Europe on a bike until July time then heading over to the US and doing coast-coast on it. Possibly might do south america if funds allow.

Doing it with a Norweigan bloke I met on the internet - should be interesting to say the least. Looks like there will be 3 - 4 of us leaving together in April - can't frikking wait.

Spend the last year planning it, got the bike licence now I just have to wait for this contract to end.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Sweet - which bike? Those are my plans (well without the rugby or doing stuff on the sunday).

<bad boys style>
    Everyone wants to be like sockpuppet
    </bad boys style>
    K1200GT - brand spankers. Cash buy so will be looking for substantial deal. If not, sod em.

You?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X