• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mobile phone jammers"

Collapse

• Purple Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by bobhope View Post
    Any update on the alleged effectiveness of the said device?
    I've got one too. Use it when one the PM near where I sit gets off into one of his rambling discussions on the mobile. He's slowly learning to leave the room when his phone rings.

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    Any update on the alleged effectiveness of the said device?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    It arrived, It seems to work.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I do self-deprecating jokes but I am rubbish at them.
    Shall I get your coat for you?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    I'd end up pressing the wrong button.
    I do self-deprecating jokes but I am rubbish at them.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I'd end up pressing the wrong button.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Available now at your local hardware shop - just ask for a hammer.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
    Carrying a hammer on public transport might cause some Peter Sutcliffe comparisons though.
    Good point!!

Try one of these :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/te...00/7750010.stm

Leave a comment:

• Cheshire Cat
    replied

HTH
    Carrying a hammer on public transport might cause some Peter Sutcliffe comparisons though.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
    I'd prefer a device to kill mobile phones that play music through their tinny little speakers on the train. Much more annoying.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Cheshire Cat
    replied
    I'd prefer a device to kill mobile phones that play music through their tinny little speakers on the train. Much more annoying.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Someone was snoring on the train this morning. one of the other passengers kept prodding him to wake him up. he didn't seem to mind.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    In my experience the Steves of this world are middle management or sales and would quite happily cut their own legs of with a blunt spoon for their 25 grand + bonuses job. They would not take kindly to someone asking them to put the phone down.
    If you don't ask, you'll never know.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    In my experience the Steves of this world are middle management or sales and would quite happily cut their own legs of with a blunt spoon for their 25 grand + bonuses job. They would not take kindly to someone asking them to put the phone down.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Why don't you ask Steve to tone it down a bit? He's probably a reasonable chap and doesn't realise you're being caused nuisance.
    He probably thinks that he's a reasonable chap, so therefore your behaviour in asking him to tone it down a bit is unreasonable.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X