• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How much noise should one make when walking around the office?"

Collapse

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Dept Manager hits the floor really hard with every stride, maybe he's a robot (like the one which replaced Oscar Goldman in the Bionic man?). Anyway, I wear rubber soles, should I get some flippers so I can make a bigger sound?
    Wear some cloggs. It does the job.

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Correct. Although the isn't mandatory.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
    Shoes?

< derisory snort >

Pogo Stick or Space Hopper is the office transport of the discerning contractor, Bagpuss.
    Space hopper like this?

SFW

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    Shoes?

< derisory snort >

Pogo Stick or Space Hopper is the office transport of the discerning contractor, Bagpuss.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Dept Manager hits the floor really hard with every stride, maybe he's a robot (like the one which replaced Oscar Goldman in the Bionic man?). Anyway, I wear rubber soles, should I get some flippers so I can make a bigger sound?
    What about a couple of planks of wood that creak like stairs in an old haunted house?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    WTF are you all wearing?

get some half decent hand made suit shoes with leather soles and enjoy the fact your wearing shoes that cost more than the average permie earns in a week and actually fit your feet properly..
    Last time I looked at some 'man' shoes someone recommended on here they had big buckles and Cuban heels. If I were going for the Laurence Llewelyn Bowan look or Louis XIV I'd have bought them.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    This guy can't be more than 11 stone so I am discomboulated. He must have been on a executive stomping course.
    If he's flat-footed, that might explain it.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    WTF are you all wearing?

get some half decent hand made suit shoes with leather soles and enjoy the fact your wearing shoes that cost more than the average permie earns in a week and actually fit your feet properly..

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    This guy can't be more than 11 stone so I am discomboulated. He must have been on a executive stomping course.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Noisest walker I've ever known was a girl who used to live in a house share I was in
    She was 8 stone at the most and yet somehow managed to impersonate a herd of elephants with every step
    Brilliant. Maybe she can teach me to emulate 2 herds of elephants.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I’m 16 stone. I don’t do ‘walking softly’.
    Noisest walker I've ever known was a girl who used to live in a house share I was in
    She was 8 stone at the most and yet somehow managed to impersonate a herd of elephants with every step

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I’m 16 stone. I don’t do ‘walking softly’.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Better that than a figure of girth

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    should I get some flippers so I can make a bigger sound?
    Best not to exacerbate the situation baggy. You are a big enough figure of mirth as it is.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    To match your gills and tail?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X