• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ever been done for speeding?"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    This is what you need:
    What you actually need, is not to speed.

That way, you don't get any fines or points.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    top post

Dare I ask about the speeding thing? Or should I just PM you if/when I get done?
    PM me, because that one's a bit more risky but it does work.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    It's one of the 'valid reasons' they have to let you off on. They require proof of breakdown, but then the AA/RAC will provide a nice letter if needed. Should you be unfortunate enough to return to a broken down car and need to call them out.
    top post

Dare I ask about the speeding thing? Or should I just PM you if/when I get done?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    It's one of the 'valid reasons' they have to let you off on. They require proof of breakdown, but then the AA/RAC will provide a nice letter if needed. Should you be unfortunate enough to return to a broken down car and need to call them out.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    No it's all my own work. For parking fines, you cannot be prosecuted if you broke down.
    Has this been tried in court?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Is from that ex-copper who's brought out that 'beat the system - legal loopholes they don't want you to know' book?
    No it's all my own work. For parking fines, you cannot be prosecuted if you broke down.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    No, but I've used another loophole, and I've got a good one for parking fines too!
    Is from that ex-copper who's brought out that 'beat the system - legal loopholes they don't want you to know' book?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Overtook a police car this morning at 240, but its allowed here (although I still can't get over it.) 3 points in Flensburg for 130 in a 100 zone but they've gone now. Mind you in the UK I got everything from a 1 year ban via 240 hours community service to a 6 month suspended for traffic offences
    Thank f**k you're no longer on British roads!

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Been done once (£60+3 points) and had a few notices of intended prosecution that they haven't followed up.

Anyone ever use that loophole (closed now) where you sent it back but didn't sign it and they couldn't do you for it?
    No, but I've used another loophole, and I've got a good one for parking fines too!

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Been done once (£60+3 points) and had a few notices of intended prosecution that they haven't followed up.

Anyone ever use that loophole (closed now) where you sent it back but didn't sign it and they couldn't do you for it?

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Overtook a police car this morning at 240, but its allowed here (although I still can't get over it.) 3 points in Flensburg for 130 in a 100 zone but they've gone now. Mind you in the UK I got everything from a 1 year ban via 240 hours community service to a 6 month suspended for traffic offences
    You weren't drinking that stuff in the green bottle at the time were you?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    This is what you need:

http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/blinder.htm

This laser jammer blocks police speed guns although I think its illegal. There are some dual-purpose models that can be used as a parking sensor too, which makes their legality debatable.

Now if only there was an HMRC repellant, life in England would be so much more pleasant

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by IR35 Avoider View Post
    No speeding offenses in more than 20 years driving, despite regularly driving at 10mph over the speed limit due to having (until very recently) a misconception about the meaning of the phrase "dual carriageway."
    I was confused a long while ago - I think a man down the pub put me straight.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_carriageway

Leave a comment:

• IR35 Avoider
    replied
    No speeding offenses in more than 20 years driving, despite regularly driving at 10mph over the speed limit due to having (until very recently) a misconception about the meaning of the phrase "dual carriageway."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X