• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Boomed!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Boomed!"

Collapse

• Badger
    replied
    Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    Did you get a raise? I want to push for one (always) but in the current climate I don't really have a lot of leverage...
    There's always leverage. Your knowledge on the clients processes/toolset etc that the client would like to keep for continuity. The agency's margin, etc...

Leave a comment:

• BrianSnail
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    going on your avatar, are you andyw?
    Nice spot chef

Leave a comment:

• BrianSnail
    replied
    Did you get a raise? I want to push for one (always) but in the current climate I don't really have a lot of leverage...
    Tried it with client and got X (queue Family Fortunes denied noise)...tried getting agent to reduce their 14% margin and got laughed at.

In this climate it was still an unexpected boom.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Why on earth do you think that ???

Wall St execs have just been given billions for tanking the global econoomy and youre not going to ask for a rise ???

Had a years extention myself - Braw !!!

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by dwm009 View Post
    Six month renewal confirmed today, AND at an apparent struggling Swiss IB. Nicely in time for my 200th post...double boom!

Crunch? Don't you do them in the gym...?

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    going on your avatar, are you andyw?

Leave a comment:

• BrianSnail
    started a topic Boomed!

Boomed!

Six month renewal confirmed today, AND at an apparent struggling Swiss IB. Nicely in time for my 200th post...double boom!

Crunch? Don't you do them in the gym...?

Working...
X