• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How long before mass squatting and civil disorder takes place?"

Collapse

• Stan.goodvibes
    replied
    Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
    Not at all

Worked in Handsworth/Lozells during the 1985 riots - really really scary - had a petrol bomb put through the surgery window where we worked. Luckly, everyone was at lunch.
    Luckly, everyone was out to lunch

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Not at all

Worked in Handsworth/Lozells during the 1985 riots - really really scary - had a petrol bomb put through the surgery window where we worked. Luckly, everyone was at lunch.
    We took a "shortcut" through Lozells the day after the riots - the clutch had gone in my dad's car and we were stuck in 4th gear
    Last edited by voodooflux; 12 November 2008, 20:43.

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    This is going to be rude
    Not at all

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Not sure - but I have worked in a place where mass squatting and civil disorder was the norm
    This is going to be rude

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Not sure - but I have worked in a place where mass squatting and civil disorder was the norm

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    How close are we to the abyss?
    I would say very far away. In fact unlikely to happen.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    <CM mode>
    What Colour are they?
    </CM mode>
    Smarty pants

I'll be going with him

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    You've no class whatsoever!
    You sure now? Wouldn't take long to take it though the paint shop

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I don't know, don't care! I'm planning on going travelling for the duration!

Anyone want to babysit my cars?
    <CM mode>
    What Colour are they?
    </CM mode>

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    I'll look after the Range Rover sport for you. It might come back to you in a different colour though
    You've no class whatsoever!

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied

I'll look after the Range Rover sport for you. It might come back to you in a different colour though

Leave a comment:

• Purple Dalek
    replied
    Pretty close. Get Xmas over then a cold snap will cause the national grid to collapse after a couple of days they'll be raiding the places that still have lights on...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied

Leave a comment:

• How long before mass squatting and civil disorder takes place?

Working...
X