• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Is this you?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is this you?"

Collapse

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

does it pop of your mouth?
    Yes, they check my tonsils at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Oh yeah and I get a 6 foot tube shoved up me bum every year.

does it pop of your mouth?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    bad news - sorry to hear that. is there any sort of treatment/cure?
    No cure, just anti inflammatory drugs and steroids if need be.

Oh yeah and I get a 6 foot tube shoved up me bum every year.

Leave a comment:

• gordonbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    what's the point of signing on???

you get pittance, and and treated like tulipe

best to have a rainy day fund
    On the contrary.

About signing on, I'll let you into a little secret. When I was a student I wrote a comprehensive guide to all the benefits and discounts that you could claim - from the government, your local council, local transport, the list goes on. You could maintain a comfortable standard of living by following my advice.

As for your other point, having money in the bank or significant equity in property disqualified you from many benefits, such as the enhanced state pension and income support.

It is therefore important that you claim what is rightfully yours, and spend it in the shops rather than squirreling it away and watching it diminish in value. Spending it all will have the added benefit of keeping the economy ticking over while I steer it through the troubled times that have been visited upon us from abroad.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    because of the size of my rainy years fund, they'll give me nowt

none too keen on signing on locally, the dole office (or whatever they call it these days) is next to the rehab action centre

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I’ve got crohn’s In a way I’m quite lucky as mine is nowhere near as bad as some but it does flare up now and then, for me it’s like having a bad tummy bug 24/7 for about 3 months then it goes away… 6 months or 6 years later its back.
    bad news - sorry to hear that. is there any sort of treatment/cure?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    That's actually very sad, especially the Crohn's disease - it's an awful affliction.
    I’ve got crohn’s In a way I’m quite lucky as mine is nowhere near as bad as some but it does flare up now and then, for me it’s like having a bad tummy bug 24/7 for about 3 months then it goes away… 6 months or 6 years later its back.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied

May as well do both, really - got to take something back from the state, even if it's not too much.

Power to the people!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

year

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    He/she can close the limited and look for contracts and sign on.

If they find a contract, they can get a limited company setup in about 48 hrs.

Bloody whingers!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Resign from the company, don't shut it down, look for work and sign on.

IIRC, if you resign though, it takes longer before you are allowed to sign on, though.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Can't he resign as a director and give himself a P45?

I suppose he'd need someone else to be a director instead, perhaps a wife or relative.

Anyway, yes, poor sod. I used to work with someone who had that. They ended up having a chunk of intestine cut out.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7671199.stm

KALPESH PATEL, 38, IT CONTRACTOR, LONDON...

I can see light at the end of the tunnel, or at least I have to believe that I can.
    The proverbial train coming the other way, poor sod.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    It's a crap situation, but one of his quotes is somewhat misleading. Even if he winds up the company he can still look for contracts and just work through an umbrella.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X