• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I think I have man-flu"

Collapse

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Stu - how were the nurses last night?
    Did they help take your mind off your man flu?
    They were very effective, soon after I'd finished with them I was fast asleep

Still feeling tulip today, but I've dragged my ass into the office so at least I'm still billing...

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Fortunately I'm holding up so far, just about to neck a couple of Night Nurse and go to bed.

Oh, and you're
    Stu - how were the nurses last night?
    Did they help take your mind off your man flu?

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Women don't understand man flu because they are not men. Every bloke knows that Man Flu is one of the worst things that can happen - worse than child birth because we don't get drugs for our symptoms. Us men have to soldier on through it - often still having to go to work throughout the whole process.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Flugle

www.google.org/flutrends

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Fortunately I'm holding up so far, just about to neck a couple of Night Nurse and go to bed.

Oh, and you're
    Ah - God love you..... have a cuddle

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Are you dead yet?
    Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
    If your dead - it wasn't man-flu - you were really ill

Oh, and you're

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    I think you're failing to understand the seriousness of my situation. It's not like I have a cold or something trivial, I have man-flu.

There's no cure for this debilitating illness, I just have to deal with the pain as the virus runs rampant through my body and pray that my immune system will eventually gather the strength do deal with it.

I must drag my virus-ravaged self to the kitchen now for another Lemsip. I may be some time.
    Are you dead yet?
    If your dead - it wasn't man-flu - you were really ill

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    I think you're failing to understand the seriousness of my situation. It's not like I have a cold or something trivial, I have man-flu.

There's no cure for this debilitating illness, I just have to deal with the pain as the virus runs rampant through my body and pray that my immune system will eventually gather the strength do deal with it.

I must drag my virus-ravaged self to the kitchen now for another Lemsip. I may be some time.
    Are you dead yet?

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    You big girl - get a hot whiskey down you, you will be grand

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    back at ya, I'm still poorly
    You big girl - get a hot whiskey down you, you will be grand

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Don't mind him he has a hangover!!!
    back at ya, I'm still poorly

Leave a comment:

• Beefy198
    replied
    Women will never understand what man flu feels like

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    <stu sings> "still in and still gonna bill."
    I had man flu kick in on Friday - I dragged my snotty @rse in to get my appearance fee also. It's gone now though. My tip is to drink lots of beer. It doesn't do anything for the man flu but then your pi55ed so who cares?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    You need a hip flask to make it through the day. I believe there is some evidence that a-few-bottle-of-whisky-a-day types, don't get colds.
    EternalOptimist, Sasguru, Bagpuss...

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Don't mind him he has a hangover!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X