• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Mobiles

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mobiles"

Collapse

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    planetit: Nokia do such a beast, 8910i.
    Why they ceased production of the 6310i I will never know.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    planetit: Nokia do such a beast, 8910i.

Leave a comment:

• planetit
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I see a marketing opportunity for a mobile phone that just makes & receives telephone calls... and has a battery life longer than 5 minutes.
    True. Lots of people I know want a modern phone with Bluetooth etc, but WITHOUT a camera (since most vehicle manufactures and test tracks ban them from site). No one seems to make such a beast.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied

Got this pretty good phone from a Church bric-a-brac stall... mmmm, I'm as trendy and as materialistic as Chico now.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom
    Only other things I would want from a phone is tv remote control and GPS
    I believe there are Java Apps which let you use it as a remote and if you can understand German then Falk offer GPS navigation as well.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Bloggs
    replied
    W800i or K750i

Sony Ericsson K750i

Best phone I could find at any price. Got it from fones4free.com

Has 2M autofocus camera, flash/torch mp3 with speaker, radio, sound recorder, video, acts as flash drive. And I think it allows you to make telephone calls.

Best for just about everything at the moment. Have to say I like the W800's styling a bit more.

Identical phones inside though which means you can download the W800 firmware onto a K750 if you want to have the extra features but save a few quid.

http://www.mobile-review.com/index-en.shtml
    http://www.mobileburn.com/
    Last edited by Joe Bloggs; 15 September 2005, 18:31.

Leave a comment:

• G8_Summit
    replied
    Sony Ericsson K750i

I think you can use this phone as a TV remote (of sorts) - something to do with Bluetooth and Windows Media Player ??

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
    You religious chaps haven't developed the gene that detects when someone is taking the piss out of you yet, have you?
    a bit like some yanks!

Leave a comment:

• PerlOfWisdom
    replied
    Phone

Sony Ericsson K750i

Best phone I could find at any price. Got it from fones4free.com

Has 2M autofocus camera, flash/torch mp3 with speaker, radio, sound recorder, video, acts as flash drive. And I think it allows you to make telephone calls.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Well in your jest you hit the nail on the head.

Leave a comment:

• The Late, Great JC
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    JC I often disagree with your light hearted rantings but on this occasion you are spot on!!
    You religious chaps haven't developed the gene that detects when someone is taking the piss out of you yet, have you?

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
    See what happens when God is on your side? It opens doors I tell you!

JC I often disagree with your light hearted rantings but on this occasion you are spot on!!

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    I still have my Sony ericsson T610 - works fine here and on jollys.

Leave a comment:

• The Late, Great JC
    replied
    Originally posted by ~Craig~
    flash git
    See what happens when God is on your side? It opens doors I tell you!

Leave a comment:

• ~Craig~
    replied
    flash git

Leave a comment:

Working...
X