• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "sasguru - Pharma will save the UK economy"

Collapse

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I started at GSK in 2000 and the project was based at the head offices of Taylor Woodrow in Southall. The food at their offices was disgusting. One guy had an argument with one of the kitchen staff becuase he found chicken in his trifle. When he eventually got the guy behind the counter to give him another, what he got was the same trifle with a big scoop missing where the kitchen bloke had pulled the chicken out with his fingers. I didn't eat there again after than.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    confession time.

It was me that put the fake dog turd in the sandwich carousel in Dartford seven years ago.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    That could be me - I was on dress down Friday everyday there. I must admit it is one place I would work again like a shot as I really enjoyed that project

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Dark short hair, always on your mobile?

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Did you wear Esu jeans or whatever they are called?
    Well I wore jeans!

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Did you wear Esu jeans or whatever they are called?

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Yes - Millie

Dead thin and always smoking outside Greenford - as was I except for the dead thin bit!

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    You worked with that Indian woman with the mad hair!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    When I was there I worked on the GW site rationalisation when Dartford was closed. When they merged to form GSK they simply added a load of extra sites into the mix.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    When SmithKiline and Glaxo merged there were too many sites. This news has probably driven the share price up.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    They closed most of Dartford a few years back. It's not a big part of their network anymore.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/7722326.stm

The pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is to close its factory in Kent in 2013 with the loss of hundreds of jobs.

About 620 people are expected to be affected when the Dartford site closes.

The firm, which is the world's second largest drug-maker, announced in July that its Sussex site would close in 2011 with the loss of 493 jobs.

Boomed!
    I am sure they can be replaced by jobs in the city.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    started a topic sasguru - Pharma will save the UK economy

sasguru - Pharma will save the UK economy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/7722326.stm

The pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is to close its factory in Kent in 2013 with the loss of hundreds of jobs.

About 620 people are expected to be affected when the Dartford site closes.

The firm, which is the world's second largest drug-maker, announced in July that its Sussex site would close in 2011 with the loss of 493 jobs.

Boomed!

Working...
X