• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Spot the Spod

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Spot the Spod"

Collapse

• The Late, Great JC
    replied
    BGG, thanks for the info. Although that kind of think doesn't rock my boat currently, I may try it out.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    I played Cosmic Encounter a few times.

I thought the "evolution" aspect quite original, although the rest of the gameplay eludes me, 10 years on.

As far as online gaming goes...World of Warcraft.

It truly is the mutt's nutts.

Yeah, 13 yrd old online kids exist anywhere on line. The trick is to form a Guild of like-minded players and keep the idiots out.

Which is exactly what we have done.

Our membership is mostly aged 20+, and we are geared up for inter-Guild help and advice, especially for new players. You wont find a new player to the game being derided by Guild Members. The last member that did was kicked from the guild. We dont want that sort of person.

We've expanded our Guild to incorprate more social elements as well, so we truly are a community. We use Teamspeak when online, for adventuring and general chit-chat. (including contract whispers from a regular IT chappie who runs his own business :-)

If anyone here does play WOW, and wants to join a friendly guild, here is our website. Pls be aware, that for some reason, the buttons dont load properly until you click one of them, then the site will work. Weird.

Elite Force Website

ps...If you go to the photo gallery...I'm Tigris in one of my flamboyant coats.
    Last edited by Board Game Geek; 15 September 2005, 11:52.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    AtW is a KGB spy. Now we are sure.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    So AtW did nothing of the sort otherwise he would have gushed the results out like an excited schoolboy.

My identity is safe.

Milan

Milan

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    No, only me and you, oh I see, yeah, that's about three, sort of to the left of it.

Leave a comment:

• supremepods
    replied
    Wibble

So there are only about three people posting then ?

Leave a comment:

• The Late, Great JC
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    Ok, post here multiple nicks that you think belong to SupremeSpod before I announce results of IP/post correlation analysis based on an invisible image that I planted 24 hours ago.

There are some other interesting findings from it as well.

C'mon then "Oh Great and Mighty AtW", give us the results of your findings...

Leave a comment:

• The Late, Great JC
    replied
    It didn't take long to grow tired of dealing with 13 year olds from Thailand.
    erm.....

Anyway back to the game, you can drive tanks, dune buggy type things, jeeps, fly fighters and helicopters - oh and kill people as well!!!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    Come on then big mouth, who is who?
    Come to think of it, what happened to that git JR who used to post on the old board?

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
    Both. The online mode is great though.

The software is "a bit buggy" but once the 1.03 patch comes out a few of the nigglys should be fixed.

WS if you've got broadband download the demo.
    Cheers, I'll check it out. I got a copy of 'Act of War: Direct Action' the other week, which I still need to install

I'm not too sure about online gaming. Last year I picked up a copy of Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising. It didn't take long to grow tired of dealing with 13 year olds from Thailand.

Back when I was a lad, multi-player gaming meant you and your mate squeezed around a keyboard trying to complete Gauntlet. Now that was real gaming

Leave a comment:

• The Late, Great JC
    replied
    Originally posted by WageSlave
    Is it single player or online only?
    Both. The online mode is great though.

The software is "a bit buggy" but once the 1.03 patch comes out a few of the nigglys should be fixed.

WS if you've got broadband download the demo.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
    I took a leaf out of Churchill's book and went and bought "Battlefield 2"... Fecking brilliant!
    Is it single player or online only?

Leave a comment:

• The Late, Great JC
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist
    any one played the boardgame 'Cosmic Encounter' - that was a good un that was
    Boardgames?

I took a leaf out of Churchill's book and went and bought "Battlefield 2"... Fecking brilliant!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    any one played the boardgame 'Cosmic Encounter' - that was a good un that was

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    That just what the giant alien lizards want you to think.
    Well, considering the Giant Alien Lizard Conspiracy has been around for the last few hundred years, you lot are making the Civil Service look like a highly organised and efficient get-things-done organisation.

I mean, come on, where is this "Master Plan" and how come you haven't taken over the world and gobbled us all up ?

I know lizards are a bit on the slow side, but this is beyond a joke.

If we are going to be eradicated by a hostile, universe-conquereing alien species, then is it too much to ask that we get one that can do the job efficiently and expediently ? I want world-class quality invasion (like Independence Day), not this pussy-footing around malarkey.

Send in the real aliens please.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X