• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: In the doghouse

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "In the doghouse"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    I wonder if stone age man had similar problems. After spending a long day tracking, stalking and finally killing an Elk, the hunter gatherer would drag it back to the cave to be greeted with the words "is that all you could find - you know I don't like Elk."
    and whats that I can smell?
    have you been drinking that BrontoPlonk with ugg again?

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Fooking Elk thats an appalling thought

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    She sent me down to McDonalds but I went for a pint first. When I got to McD's it was just closing. (who shuts a fast food joint at 9 ffs)
    the chippy was closed(permenantly due to vandalism) so I had another pint and got a kentucky.
    she hates kentucky.

I am a dead man.
    I wonder if stone age man had similar problems. After spending a long day tracking, stalking and finally killing an Elk, the hunter gatherer would drag it back to the cave to be greeted with the words "is that all you could find - you know I don't like Elk."

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    order pizza
    I forgot to mention.

She sent me down to McDonalds but I went for a pint first. When I got to McD's it was just closing. (who shuts a fast food joint at 9 ffs)
    the chippy was closed(permenantly due to vandalism) so I had another pint and got a kentucky.
    she hates kentucky.

I am a dead man.

In civ iv /colonization it's important to get your production of muskets going asap

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    it was National Men Make Dinner Day yesterday!
    order pizza

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    it was National Men Make Dinner Day yesterday!

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Civ 4 owes me many hours of my life back.

Anyone tried the console variant: Civilization Revolution? I'm not sure how well the game would make the transition to a console, but I'd interested to know if anyone has tried it.

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    ah, a civ iv fan?

its actually civ iv/colonization

have you tried it?

Nope - my PC is to rubbish to run any game from this century.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    I liked civ 2 method of nuking better, just get a horde of spies and they all plant nukes.... so much more fun.

I still reckon civ2 was the best civ yet.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    You should nuke the opposition (civ 4) in retaliation for the chicken incident.
    ah, a civ iv fan?

its actually civ iv/colonization

have you tried it?

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    You need a reason to nuke the opposition in civ 4? Clearly I have been playing that game wrong.

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    £7.90

I wish

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Oops
    The missus did a night shift on Wednesday, so last night she was a bit tired. She asked me to keep an eye on the chicken in red wine sauce that was bubbling away, in case she fell asleep on the couch, but I was so deep into civ iv, it boiled dry and burned.

this is gonna cost me
    www.tesco.com

I estimate £7.90..... stop being such a baby that isnt much

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    started a topic In the doghouse

In the doghouse

Oops
    The missus did a night shift on Wednesday, so last night she was a bit tired. She asked me to keep an eye on the chicken in red wine sauce that was bubbling away, in case she fell asleep on the couch, but I was so deep into civ iv, it boiled dry and burned.

this is gonna cost me

Working...
X