• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Evil engine noises…."

Collapse

• chef
    replied
    if your gonna buy 2nd hand oldish car get an audi, built like tank, weighs nearly as much as a tank, will last forever, quality german engineering

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Well, made it in okay this morning on the sport mode, although it was a rather skittish journey.

Planning to take it in the truckers lane tonight - all 60 miles back home.

Got the joys of exchanging it for a Ka this evening, not that I care, as at least it should point in a straight line.

Knew I should have bought a banger, not wasted moolahs on a new one....

If I do not make it back home safe, it has been good knowing you all. Look out for M62 accidents tonight.....
    What you should've done is bought a decent motorway cruiser! One that is big, comfortable and built for Long journeys at relatively high speeds.

You got lured into a false economy by buying that piece of sh!t.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    we can only pray

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Well, made it in okay this morning on the sport mode, although it was a rather skittish journey.

Planning to take it in the truckers lane tonight - all 60 miles back home.

Got the joys of exchanging it for a Ka this evening, not that I care, as at least it should point in a straight line.

Knew I should have bought a banger, not wasted moolahs on a new one....

If I do not make it back home safe, it has been good knowing you all. Look out for M62 accidents tonight.....

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Prostitute in the boot. Have had the same problem a couple of times. One extra blow with the hammer up-front will make for a more relaxing journey to the disused mine shaft.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Gosh do they actually allow such things in Cheshire?

No they usually refuse,

...Coat get I

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Saturday will be interesting as planning to go to the refuse dump!!
    Gosh do they actually allow such things in Cheshire?

Leave a comment:

• basshead
    replied
    Saturday will be interesting as planning to go to the refuse dump
    Sounds it.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Well, the very nice man has been and gone.

The squealing noises is the power steering pump – got the setting changed back to Sport meaning it is a lot firmer, and does not wander over the road any more.

Thankfully in a hotel tonight by coincidence anyway and booked in at the garage for some bodywork tomorrow evening, so will get them to look at it all then.

Saturday will be interesting as planning to go to the refuse dump – in a Ka courtesy car!!
    *BANG!*

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Well, the very nice man has been and gone.

The squealing noises is the power steering pump – got the setting changed back to Sport meaning it is a lot firmer, and does not wander over the road any more.

Thankfully in a hotel tonight by coincidence anyway and booked in at the garage for some bodywork tomorrow evening, so will get them to look at it all then.

Saturday will be interesting as planning to go to the refuse dump – in a Ka courtesy car!!

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    AA are on their way.

Will report back....
    I think Wilmslow will cause us all to join the AA, just not the Automobile Association

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    AA are on their way.

Will report back....
    *BANG!*

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    AA are on their way.

Will report back....

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    Please kill off Wilmslow.

That is all.
    WHS

I thought for a long time Wilmslow was DiscoStu but not anymore.... whoever invented him can we please go back to the scraps with the neighbours or something at least a bit more interesting?

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X