• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Boomed!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Boomed!"

Collapse

• milanbenes
    replied
    anyone here been to the sloany pony ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...recession.html

Shares are plunging, a global recession is looming and even the super-rich are having to tighten their belts.

But a multi-million pound auction today will see the credit crunch well and truly bucked with investors expected to spend up to £15 million on classic cars.

Those with the cash to spare will be able to splash out as much as £3 million for a single car at the auction in Battersea Park in London.

Boomed!

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    OK the area from Hammersmith Bridge to Putney is not bad apart from the Queen Caroline estate (even that has benefits claimants renting out rooms to city workers).

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I think Fulham/Putney is quite nice for London.
    Those are quite distinct areas. Putney is much nicer. Some (most?) parts of Fulham are council house chav city.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Agreed. It's because of the close proximity of Chelsea. There are 2 types of people who live there: wannabe trendy King's Road types and council flat chavs. The latter are slightly less ghastly.

Actually its true....

Leave a comment:

• Liability
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Boomed II

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7697069.stm

The number of mortgages approved for house purchases in the UK has risen for the first time in a year, according to the Bank of England.

Some 33,000 home loans were approved in September, a rise of 1,000 compared with the record low of the previous month, the Bank said.

Fill yer boots!
    Sounds like feel-good-news to me in the run up to Xmas

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I think Fulham/Putney is quite nice for London.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Whenever I have driven through Fulham I have often wondered why anyone would want to live there?
    Agreed. It's because of the close proximity of Chelsea. There are 2 types of people who live there: wannabe trendy King's Road types and council flat chavs. The latter are slightly less ghastly.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Boomed II

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7697069.stm

The number of mortgages approved for house purchases in the UK has risen for the first time in a year, according to the Bank of England.

Some 33,000 home loans were approved in September, a rise of 1,000 compared with the record low of the previous month, the Bank said.

Fill yer boots!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    They are dividing it into two flats apparently,

number 1
    and number 2

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    that's taking the p1ss

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Whenever I have driven through Fulham I have often wondered why anyone would want to live there?

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by foritisme View Post
    Possible Names

The Glory Hole
    The George Michael
    The Cottage?

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by foritisme View Post
    Possible Names

The Glory Hole
    The George Michael

Leave a comment:

• foritisme
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    http://property.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle5029121.ece

House prices may be in free fall but a public lavatory was sold yesterday for £403,000, with developers claiming that it would make a great club!

Possible Names

The Glory Hole
    The George Michael

Leave a comment:

Working...
X