• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Repossession number 'up by 71%'"

Collapse

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    You could have Russell Branded that "I 'ates stats does I, upstairs downstairs, whata pulava missus whiggins, I iz discomboulated. It makes me willy nilly shrive right up so it does. Right up me bumsy wumsy"
    I knew you were a fan.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Safe as Houses (tm).

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
    I hate stats. F--k off.
    You could have Russell Branded that "I 'ates stats does I, upstairs downstairs, whata pulava missus whiggins, I iz discomboulated. It makes me willy nilly shrive right up so it does. Right up me bumsy wumsy"

Leave a comment:

• minsky1
    replied
    I've just (Friday) received the latest catalogue from an auctioneer i'd used previously.

The last one I had from them was early this year, and it was pants - nothing of any interest in it at all.

Im shocked by whats in it ........ 600 lots and most if not all are for sale by the mortgagees in posession. Some good quality stuff by all accounts, in all areas of the country. The real eye opener will be to get the selling results.

This must have been in the offing for some if they are now hitting the market. Bear in mind to reposess through the courts, take posession, do the legal work, survey and put up for sale at the next auction is not going to be a quick process.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    It's a significant increase, but as said before, a significant increase may not be of any significance in the big scheme of things...
    I hate stats. F--k off.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
    Yes. But how many are paid for?

71% is significant.

<waits for sasponce to trot-out some obscure and boring "fact" to prove that everything is fine, because he's so clever>
    It's a significant increase, but as said before, a significant increase may not be of any significance in the big scheme of things...

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    So that's less than a quarter of a percent of the total housing stock.
    Yes. But how many are paid for?

71% is significant.

<waits for sasponce to trot-out some obscure and boring "fact" to prove that everything is fine, because he's so clever>

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Indeed - and I think it will get alot higher for next 2 years. There will then be 3 years of static prices while the "overhang" is sold.

I can't see house prices taking 20 years to recover.....

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Is it about 20 million?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    So, that's roughly 40,000 a year - how many homes are there in the UK?
    Is it about 20 million?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    How do Northern Rock relate to this?

<bagpuss puts out the twatsign>

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Repossession number 'up by 71%'
    The good news is that they only have to drop by 41% to get back to where they were.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Wait until the repossession rate is really high and then buy.

Local authority will then pay you to rent the houses you've bought back to the people who used to own them!

Easy peasy Rodney!

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    71% of hardly any isn't much at all... though I do expect this figure to be significantly higher this time next year.
    The number of repossessions in the second quarter of the year was 11,054,
    So, that's roughly 40,000 a year - how many homes are there in the UK?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    71% of hardly any isn't much at all... though I do expect this figure to be significantly higher this time next year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X