• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Human species 'may split in two'"

Collapse

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
    It's a bit like a heaven and hell scenario - who wants to go to heaven when the angels all look like civil servants?
    Edit: Then again, who wants to go to hell where they'd all look like they come from Dewsbury?

The Angels do not look like Civil Servants - well certainly the Archangels do not.

As for Hell - A man dies and finds himself in Hell.

Satan approaches him and asks him if he is settling in all right - to which he replies

'Oh yes thanks - actually I rather like it here - I'm from Basingstoke'

Alf's Guardian Angel
    Always told him
    What to read
    And where to go
    Next

Leave a comment:

• SizeZero
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenerGrass View Post
    in the distant future you might have to stoop a bit in clubs, wear glasses and appear timid, to attract women in the first place.

It's a bit like a heaven and hell scenario - who wants to go to heaven when the angels all look like civil servants?
    Edit: Then again, who wants to go to hell where they'd all look like they come from Dewsbury?

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    You mean I wouldn't have to beat them off with a stick any more
    to death

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenerGrass View Post
    You should be OK, but in the distant future you might have to stoop a bit in clubs, wear glasses and appear timid, to attract women in the first place.
    You mean I wouldn't have to beat them off with a stick any more

Leave a comment:

• GreenerGrass
    replied
    I'm the aggressive rugged Alpha male macho type (although not a woman beater). gifted with intellect (and modesty) so I'm ok
    You should be OK, but in the distant future you might have to stoop a bit in clubs, wear glasses and appear timid, to attract women in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    I'm the aggressive rugged Alpha male macho type (although not a woman beater). gifted with intellect (and modesty) so I'm ok

Leave a comment:

• GreenerGrass
    replied
    Originally posted by shoes View Post
    Attractive women will often choose the moronic knuckle dragging wife beater, for reasons that will baffle scientists for generations to come.

For this reason these two collections of people will unfortunately remain intermingled. And worse, the smart segment will continue to be diluted by the dim. We've reached the top, this is as much as the human race will achieve.

Idiocracy - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=C1sE1E3z7jU

This could be genetic, from Stone Age times when the physically stronger, more aggressive chap would prove to be the alpha male amongst a group, able to protect and provide for her and her child.

However in the post-Western industrial collapse world we could see the opposite, most of the posters on here look more like the goblin-like creature and women will adapt to find the wealthy hobbit with rare IT skills, or chin-less civil servant with a job for life, as the new Alpha Male.

Granted, this could take thousands of years of evolution, so don't hold your breath.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Doctor Curry, I like that. Fully supported by his research team, Prof TenPints and minsaKebab BA(hon)

Leave a comment:

• wc2
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    aka the Welsh.
    No no no...

The English rugby team

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    HG Wells' 'The Time Machine' was about this. In the far future the effete evolve into The Eloi, stupid and beautiful, and the workers evolve into the Morlocks who live under ground and eat the Eloi.

Leave a comment:

• shoes
    replied
    Have you seen the chavs on the local council estate recently?
    Attractive women will often choose the moronic knuckle dragging wife beater, for reasons that will baffle scientists for generations to come.

For this reason these two collections of people will unfortunately remain intermingled. And worse, the smart segment will continue to be diluted by the dim. We've reached the top, this is as much as the human race will achieve.

Idiocracy - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=C1sE1E3z7jU

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I think it's already happened. We have a species living amongst us today that is so different to us genetically that we are probably more closely related to apes than them. They are shorter, fatter, less intelligent and appear to have different interests and have a lack of map reading ability and breasts

Leave a comment:

• Manic
    replied
    Quote "Further into the future, sexual selection - being choosy about one's partner - was likely to create more and more genetic inequality, said Dr Curry"

So no beer in the year 3000 then??

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    aka the Welsh.
    Oy!!!

I resemble that remark

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    and a far cry from the "underclass" humans who would have evolved into dim-witted, ugly, squat goblin-like creatures.
    aka the Welsh.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X