• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Hedge Funds

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hedge Funds"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Far from it, poor English as the result of sheer idleness marks you as unprofessional and childish, it often spills over into the workplace which means that jobs have to be redone.
    This is a forum for professional Contractors not txtsp34king kiddies that feel they're too l337 to bother using the language so that people can understand what you write.
    Incidentally I've never worked in "Service Support" and if you class someone over 4 decades old as a child then you have some very strange perceptions.

I'm dyslexic and as a result I find txt mode replacements (U, UR, URS etc) and using THERE instead of their and they're hard to read as it throws the whole context of the sentence off and I have to work out exactly what you're trying to say.
    He said "I am andyw"

HTH

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Liability View Post
    If I want a lesson in English I'll cum to you - as I don't and will never - your post is merely stemming from "look at me, Im a contractor who is overpayed and Im real good! and I know it all" syndrome but in essence you are probably that child in Service Support that walks about drinking Green Tea not realising that when he walks past everything thinks "tosser".

Hmm, in hindsight that was harsh but there ya go.
    andyw is back

And how is your mother? Tell her BP says

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    If I want a lesson in English I'll cum to you - as I don't and will never - your post is merely stemming from "look at me, Im a contractor who is overpayed and Im real good! and I know it all" syndrome but in essence you are probably that child in Service Support that walks about drinking Green Tea not realising that when he walks past everything thinks "tosser".
    Far from it, poor English as the result of sheer idleness marks you as unprofessional and childish, it often spills over into the workplace which means that jobs have to be redone.
    This is a forum for professional Contractors not txtsp34king kiddies that feel they're too l337 to bother using the language so that people can understand what you write.
    Incidentally I've never worked in "Service Support" and if you class someone over 4 decades old as a child then you have some very strange perceptions.

I'm dyslexic and as a result I find txt mode replacements (U, UR, URS etc) and using THERE instead of their and they're hard to read as it throws the whole context of the sentence off and I have to work out exactly what you're trying to say.

Leave a comment:

• Liability
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    If you made a good point you totally obscured it by writing it in the style of an adolescent cretin with a mobile phone fixation.

The word THERE while it sounds very similar to the words THEIR and THEY'RE has a completely different meaning and so isn't a suitable substitute, especially if you want people to take you seriously as a grown up.

Hmm, in hindsight that was harsh but there ya go.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Hedge funds are going to be rapidly biting the dust as lenders call in their loans.

Personally, I am pleased that these parasites will get what is coming to them.

Leave a comment:

• Central-Scrutiniser
    replied
    There is some good news - certainly if you worked for Bankrupt Lehman Bros in New York - courtesy of the US taxpayer !!!

Told you the Bailout was a Fraud - its an executlive welfare package.

Sadly we're not standing shoulder to shoulder with the US on this one - just look at the whinging Londoners reaction below.

As they say in Texas- if you're so smart - how come you aint rich ???

Up to 10,000 staff at the New York office of the bankrupt investment bank Lehman Brothers will share a bonus pool set aside for them that is worth $2.5bn (£1.4bn), Barclays Bank, which is buying the business, confirmed last night.

The revelation sparked fury among the workers' former colleagues, Lehman's 5,000 staff based in London, who currently have no idea how long they will go on receiving even their basic salaries, let alone any bonus payments. It also prompted a renewed backlash over the compensation culture in global finance, with critics claiming that many bankers receive pay and rewards that bore no relation to the job they had done.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Good post and totally agree - it was shocking the amount that have opened up in the last 5 years but there all in tulipe nearly the big boys obv spread there hedge's but Id expect a large amount of them to take some serious hits in the coming months - as alot are taking "opposites" in the hope they cover their outlays - scary but who cares they deserve it.

A friend of mine yday was out celebrating as his 4 man team made £23 Million yesterday on the Dollar - nothing has changed here - people will still get there bonues in some way and stuff like this will STILL occur and IS occuring
    If you made a good point you totally obscured it by writing it in the style of an adolescent cretin with a mobile phone fixation.

The word THERE while it sounds very similar to the words THEIR and THEY'RE has a completely different meaning and so isn't a suitable substitute, especially if you want people to take you seriously as a grown up.

Leave a comment:

• Liability
    replied
    Originally posted by YHB View Post
    I work for one of the largest Hedge funds who are doing fine.

Its quite simple- over 10'000 exist, they sprung up all over the place- most were juniors & deputies going off on their own and blagging the capital using the brand of their prior employers etc.

Easier to do in the good times than the bad- time to seperate the men from the boys.

Good post and totally agree - it was shocking the amount that have opened up in the last 5 years but there all in tulipe nearly the big boys obv spread there hedge's but Id expect a large amount of them to take some serious hits in the coming months - as alot are taking "opposites" in the hope they cover their outlays - scary but who cares they deserve it.

A friend of mine yday was out celebrating as his 4 man team made £23 Million yesterday on the Dollar - nothing has changed here - people will still get there bonues in some way and stuff like this will STILL occur and IS occuring

Leave a comment:

• YHB
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    How about Hedge funds have an important role in pushing up the oil price through speculation.
    Now most of them have disappeared, I can fill up car with petrol again
    How about Hedge funds correctly predict the way the Opec oil Cartel will control oil production and thus the prices.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Hedge funds have an important role to play in stabilising markets (that's what I was always taught)!
    How about Hedge funds have an important role in pushing up the oil price through speculation.
    Now most of them have disappeared, I can fill up car with petrol again

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by YHB View Post

Its quite simple- over 10'000 exist, they sprung up all over the place- most were juniors & deputies going off on their own and blagging the capital using the brand of their prior employers etc.

Easier to do in the good times than the bad- time to seperate the men from the boys.
    used to exist

In 5 years there would be no more than a couple of thousand.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Hedge funds have an important role to play in stabilising markets (that's what I was always taught)!

destabilising markets

Leave a comment:

• YHB
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    The community round there being Arab princes?
    That sounds about right

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
    Community housing - it's only fair
    The community round there being Arab princes?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X