• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Supermarket cooked meat counter appreciation thread"

Collapse

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Supermarket Hot Meat

The best thing is to combine it with one of their microwaveable bags of mixed veg. An instant respectable meal that can charm the pants off Pot Noodle.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    How do you think supermarkets get rid of all their 'past Best-Before date' sausages, chicken, ribs etc etc etc??????? Oooohh yessss.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Rantor View Post
    Its the Buttermilk thing - loads of adults sitting around drinking little retro triangly milk cartons full of buttermilk. Boak
    That’s quite shocking indeed, but this evening I’ll go to my favourite restaurant in Haarlem and eat some game terrine and then grilled duck breast with port sauce. There might be a recession on, but one mustn’t let standards drop, you know.

Leave a comment:

• Rantor
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Someone described the best of Dutch food as being grey meat, mashed, with grey vegetables, mashed. The worst looks like something the cat dragged in; and then mashed.
    Its the Buttermilk thing - loads of adults sitting around drinking little retro triangly milk cartons full of buttermilk. Boak

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Someone described the best of Dutch food as being grey meat, mashed, with grey vegetables, mashed. The worst looks like something the cat dragged in; and then mashed.
    That’s a fair description, but things have improved lately, just that office canteens seem to be stuck in the 70s. However, I have the rare condition of liking sauerkraut, which puts me at an advantage in any Germanic culture.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    No. Less edible.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    You obviously haven’t tasted the offerings in the average Dutch office canteen.
    busted!

but I do "enjoy" the German offerings every day. urgh most of the time.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Are they anything like the offerings in the average dutch coffee shop?
    No. Less edible.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Are they anything like the offerings in the average dutch coffee shop?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    urgh.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    You could even take it with you in a thermos flask.
    urgh.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    in a lunch break?
    No, cook it in the evening and warm it up in the office microwave. You could even take it with you in a thermos flask.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Better to go to your local butcher and buy some cheap cuts of lamb or mutton, get some spuds, onions and carrots at the greengrocer then make yourself a Lancashire hotpot. Best comfort food in the world.
    in a lunch break?

Leave a comment:

• Fishface
    replied
    scotch egg and Seabrook Beef crisps - oof!

...for true IT breath

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by London75 View Post

Look on faces as Cheshire-Set see me sat in my MR2 with a skinhead ...priceless.
    You've pulled then?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X