• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Bird or Bloke ?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bird or Bloke ?"

Collapse

• dazza12
    replied
    Who said anything about a conspiracy theory?

What you quoted was an opinion of Vasari - Lenny himself never said who the painting was of, and nobody has ever come up with a definate identification of who Mona Lisa was.

Unless you've been borrowing Threaded's time machine and have spoken to the man himself, nobody knows who she really is - if she is indeed a she and not an androgynous self portrait as some others believe.

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    Nude Mona Lisa - just for reference purposes ...

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Let's never allow a nice simple explanation get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

According to Vasari, the subject is a young Florentine woman, Monna (or Mona) Lisa, who in 1495 married the well-known figure, Francesco del Giocondo, and thus came to be known as "La Gioconda''

Leave a comment:

• dazza12
    replied
    It rests on a lot more than what they found beneath the Last Supper.

That Mona Lisa bird, was she a bird or bloke, or both? And the name - Mona Lisa, a reference perhaps to the ancient gods Amon and Isis? Bloke and Bird?

There's X-Rays being taken of many of Lenny's paintings, and earlier editions on the same canvas show a lot more than the watered down versions we see today.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Here you go, here's a nice one by Titian of Mary Magdalene getting them out for the boys.
    Crikey, that's one hell of a ginger minge.

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    Irrefutable proof - where are the knockers now ?

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Here you go, here's a nice one by Titian of Mary Magdalene getting them out for the boys.

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    I must say I am amazed that nobody has posted "alternative" images yet!
    Yes, essentially this is a titz and arze forum with Chico fulfilling both categories.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    I must say I am amazed that nobody has posted "alternative" images yet!

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Sorry, wrong thread, I thought it was about Sandy.

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    Where is Chico when you need him - the whole of the Christian faith hangs in the balance here - wass Mary mags the wife of Jesus ? Did she have his child ? Does the bloodline continue to this day ? Is Shane sh*gging Gabby from nextdoor ? and will Madge and Harold reunite for another christmas hit ?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Lenny had a habit of making jokes and puzzles. He's probably laughing from his cloud and harp: "woo hoo hooked another one"

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Looks like a woman with a dirty old man to the left about to fondle her boobs.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Looks like a woman to me, particularly considering the demure posture.

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    started a topic Bird or Bloke ?

Bird or Bloke ?

The fate of the Christian Church hangs on a simple Bird or Bloke question.
    Just ask Chico.

Who better to answer this question than the assorted sexual deviants on this board.

So I ask you, has Lenny painted a Bird or a Bloke here, is it Mary Mags, or Jonny Depp?

Working...
X