• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "SMUG post for today."

Collapse

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by blacjac View Post
    Really?

they just reduced mine

Yes, I read it somewhere yesterday so I assumed that F/D would not reduce also...... perhaps they are only reducing trackers which they have to do if it is in your mortgage contract. Good news for you also then!!

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Not necessarily true because it depends on the type of mortgage, but I must admit after reading yesterday that parent company HSBC were not reducing their rates, I am very surprised indeed to get this good news !!
    Really?

they just reduced mine

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    So let me get this straight. You're smug because you're paying 4.5% on a huge loan on a massively depreciating asset.
    Good, the economy needs mugs like you.
    Well not everyone is comfortable still living at home with their parents like you sg. Horses for courses and all that. Does Mumsy still do your dobie?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    So let me get this straight. You're smug because you're paying 4.5% on a huge loan on a massively depreciating asset.
    Good, the economy needs mugs like you.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I just opened my mail and have been advised by First Direct that they are reducing the interest rate on my offset mortgage from 5% to 4.5%.

Thus, they are passing on the full cut !!! Not many people can say that.

And how much is the value of your house going down by?

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Even smugger post of the day, what's a mortgage?
    Hehehehehehehe.....that is a top post

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    I just opened my mail and have been advised by First Direct that they are reducing the interest rate on my offset mortgage from 5% to 4.5%.

I can.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Not necessarily true because it depends on the type of mortgage, but I must admit after reading yesterday that parent company HSBC were not reducing their rates, I am very surprised indeed to get this good news !!

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Even smugger post of the day, what's a mortgage?

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Not many people can say that.
    No, just you and X000 other FD customers.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    started a topic SMUG post for today.

SMUG post for today.

Working...
X