• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "your childhood career choice?"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    So we all ended up doing something other than we really want to do. Maybe that’s the sliver lining on the recession cloud; some of us will take the time to go and get the qualifications we should have done and become geologists, astronomers, toy makers and car scrappers. Others will pursue a new career in the adult entertainment industry, while cailin maith will dress up as a nun and sell psychotherapy in a flower shop. Regardless, all of these choices would probably add far more to the sum of human happiness than anything we’re doing now.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I wanted to be a pimp in Las Vegas

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Thanks SA - I think I look the picture of virtue....

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

post of the day, before the day even starts!

Thanks SA - I think I look the picture of virtue....

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Navy.

didit
    A

and deep sea diver

didit
    A

Spy

doinit
    Don't know that one. I suspect it is new age spy code.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

I bet she would dress like her avatar!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Age 4 to about 9 I wanted to be a nun

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    deep sea diver

didit
    I wanted to be something that rhymes with that, but starts with SK.

And here I am, a contractor posting on CUK.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Navy.

didit

and deep sea diver

didit

Spy

doinit HMRC

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I went to a Presentation Convent, they weren't so bad
    More Powerpoint to you.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Funny, Mrs OG wanted to be a serial nun-slayer. I understand that's what you get for being taught Irish by Sister Pius, the all Ireland Sisters of Mercy Super Heavyweight Boxing Champion.
    I went to a Presentation Convent, they weren't so bad

Leave a comment:

• eliquant
    replied
    toy maker and what an IDIOT I was for not pursuing it.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Age 4 to about 9 I wanted to be a nun, thats what you get for being taught by a load of nuns. After that, I wanted to be journalist till I was about 17 and then I applied for a uni course in Psychology.....

Nne of the above are anything like what I am doing now, although a degree in Psychology would come in handy

If I won the lotto, I'd open a flower shop
    Funny, Mrs OG wanted to be a serial nun-slayer. I understand that's what you get for being taught Irish by Sister Pius, the all Ireland Sisters of Mercy Super Heavyweight Boxing Champion.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Age 4 to about 9 I wanted to be a nun, thats what you get for being taught by a load of nuns. After that, I wanted to be journalist till I was about 17 and then I applied for a uni course in Psychology.....

Nne of the above are anything like what I am doing now, although a degree in Psychology would come in handy

If I won the lotto, I'd open a flower shop

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    At about 4 I honestly wanted to be a binman - I did it too, but only as a temp. Toyed with Architecture and the Law, but not really bright enough for either and now I've had some experience of lawyers I'm glad I didn't go anywhere near it in the end.

Still not sure what I really want to do, but have always fancied owning a car scrapyard - could probably do a great job of proper recycling now, too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X