• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "There but for the grace of God..."

Collapse

• Cyberman
    replied
    I've thought of some more:

Robin Cook and secretary
    Mrs Blair and flats re dodgy Ossie + girlfriend giving Tony massages and learning secrets
    Cash for peerages
    Illegal party donations via third parties
    Mandelson and the 249,999 pound house to avoid stamp duty

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    What about the Iraqi supergun affair?

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    Both sides are sleazy, but for the tories I give you:

Al Yamamah
    Westland
    Graham Riddick
    David Tredinnick
    Neil Hamilton
    Jonathan Aitken
    Jeffrey Archer
    Michael Ashcroft (allegedly)
    Shirley Porter. That was a big, big story that nobody seemed too bothered about, even though she hightailed it to Israel.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Both sides are sleazy, but for the tories I give you:

Al Yamamah
    Westland
    Graham Riddick
    David Tredinnick
    Neil Hamilton
    Jonathan Aitken
    Jeffrey Archer
    Michael Ashcroft (allegedly)

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    You are probably correct but I raise you a

Matrix Churchill
    Tim Yeo
    Alan Clarke
    Harvey Proctor
    John Major and Curry

Pointless argument though, most politicians are sleazy

OK I raise you:

Mandelson...... Mortgage
    Mandelson...... Hindujas
    Vaz (been done on a couple of things)
    Jowell (husband re dodgy mortgage and money laundering)
    Numerous MPs sending kids to private school (Harman etc)
    Welsh MP using rent boys
    Blunkett (at least twice caught out for affairs and favours)
    female MP paying nanny as an assistant
    Yvette Young and Ed Balls claiming dodgy mortgage allowances
    Home Secretary Jackie Smith .....Blair the copper being politicised to give pro ID and 42 day speeches
    Jackie Smith re drugs at UNI
    IRAQ ..... Blair, Dr David Kelly 'murder', etc etc
    F1 racing cigarette advertising favours after donation

I will think of some more if I need to.....

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Come on then, Sasguru, I challenge you to list more sleaze for the Tories than I can list for New Lie. I bet that you cannot. I will start you off:

I can think of:

Cash for Questions
    Tory Chairman Cecil Parkinson and secretary
    An MP caught dead on kitchen table with an Orange jammed in his mouth, or some other orifice

You are probably correct but I raise you a

Matrix Churchill
    Tim Yeo
    Alan Clarke
    Harvey Proctor
    John Major and Curry

Pointless argument though, most politicians are sleazy

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    What's the point of this fooking argument?
    It is the case that quite a few banks have operated unsound business models for a while and would have been exposed at some time anyway.
    If you build a house on sand you expect it to be washed away at some point.
    Labour have been lax in not regulating enough (this is because they were desperate not to spook the City) but when it comes to greed and de-regulation everyone knows the Tories are the champs.
    Brain dead naive idiots like you believe the Tories will lead us to the land of milk and honey. I would wager you're a young cock who doesn't remember the sleaze that ended the last Tory administration.

Come on then, Sasguru, I challenge you to list more sleaze for the Tories than I can list for New Lie. I bet that you cannot. I will start you off:

I can think of:

Cash for Questions
    Tory Chairman Cecil Parkinson and secretary
    An MP caught dead on kitchen table with an Orange jammed in his mouth, or some other orifice

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    It is the case that quite a few banks have operated unsound business models for a while and would have been exposed at some time anyway.
    Labour have been lax in not regulating enough (this is because they were desperate not to spook the City) but when it comes to greed and de-regulation everyone knows the Tories are the champs.
    Brain dead naive idiots like you believe the Tories will lead us to the land of milk and honey. I would wager you're a young cock who doesn't remember the sleaze that ended the last Tory administration.
    What? A few MPs banging rent boys or staying in a hotel at the proprietor's expense? Come on! They were no worse/better than any administration in that respect, and, in hindsight, professionals of the first water compared to the current shower of worthless incompetents.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    NR were doing the same in the UK, lending to subprime BTL etc. Sooner or later they would have gone bust, run or no run.
    Now, now, naughty! US sub prime was, as we all know, lending to tramps, dead folk and family pets. NR did not do that.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    .....but that was not there reasons for failure LAST YEAR. You are hopeless.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Icelandic companies (buoyed up by their banks) have been aggressively buying everything they could get their hands on (retail, football, you name it).
    They bought into West Ham. Ought to have been a warning of just how cavalier some of these people were methinks!!

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    their

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    NR were doing the same in the UK, lending to subprime BTL etc. Sooner or later they would have gone bust, run or no run.

.....but that was not there reasons for failure LAST YEAR. You are hopeless.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
    Which were all fine until some dorks decided to lend to hillbillies with no job and no skills, etc. And that's what's led to EVERY bank suffering, not just NR. Difference is that NR has a great big stock of property to point to and say, "There, THERE'S our backing. The other banks/lenders have nothing like.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Because it was heavily reliant on the money markets?
    Which were all fine until some dorks decided to lend to hillbillies with no job and no skills, etc. And that's what's led to EVERY bank suffering, not just NR. Difference is that NR has a great big stock of property to point to and say, "There, THERE'S our backing. The other banks/lenders have nothing like.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X