• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "SMUG post. There's still time to move it !!!"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Never underestimate idiots in large numbers!
    Or cyberidiots in very small numbers.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Bump

How's that house value holding up?

http://www.channel4.com/news/article...prices/2552442

'Around 32% of people said they thought their home was worth either the same or more than it was 12 months ago, according to property valuation site Hoopla.co.uk.

Their confidence comes despite the fact that official house price indexes show that homes have lost nearly 13% of their value during the past year.

Research carried out by Hoopla also showed that 97.3% of UK house prices have fallen during the period, with just 2.7% rising in value.'
    Never underestimate idiots in large numbers!

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Are you safe if a Spanish bank collapses ? At least I will have my house, come what may,
    You think?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Bump

How's that house value holding up?

http://www.channel4.com/news/article...prices/2552442

'Around 32% of people said they thought their home was worth either the same or more than it was 12 months ago, according to property valuation site Hoopla.co.uk.

Their confidence comes despite the fact that official house price indexes show that homes have lost nearly 13% of their value during the past year.

Research carried out by Hoopla also showed that 97.3% of UK house prices have fallen during the period, with just 2.7% rising in value.'

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Hubris!

indeed.

Pronounce no man fortunate, until he is dead

-as Oedipus said, who ought to know.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    http://www.mousebreaker.com/games/sp...anker/play.php

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Ivor Bigun View Post
    1.5 hours later.....

"And how much is it now?
    And now?

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Some simple factoids for the cretin, spelt out in simple terms:

1. You said you just re-mortgaged with the HSBC, so clearly you don't own the house, HSBC do.
    2. So when you get made redundant in the coming recession, as someone of your limited intellect surely will, HSBC will take back said house.
    3. Then you will have to beg the council to rehouse you.
    4. They will put you in a crummy council block.
    5. You can then sleep at night. Provided you have big steel bars on your front door.

HTH

You sound like a man with experience, telling your life story. At least I won't end up in that state by virtue of leaving cash in the bank.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Are you safe if a Spanish bank collapses ? At least I will have my house, come what may, so I can sleep at night. Just saw on the news that the Abbey are not passing on any of the .5 rate cut. If Santander are doing so well, why not? Good Luck !!

Some simple factoids for the cretin, spelt out in simple terms:

1. You said you just re-mortgaged with the HSBC, so clearly you don't own the house, HSBC do.
    2. So when you get made redundant in the coming recession, as someone of your limited intellect surely will, HSBC will take back said house.
    3. Then you will have to beg the council to rehouse you.
    4. They will put you in a crummy council block.
    5. You can then sleep at night. Provided you have big steel bars on your front door.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Your smugness = Hubris
    Collapse in the value of your house = Nemesis

We sold in March. Didn't make a lot as only bought 2 1/2 years before, but got out in time. Now renting. Cash suitably distributed.

Must remember to keep bumping as house prices collapse.

How much has it lost since you started this thread?

Are you safe if a Spanish bank collapses ? At least I will have my house, come what may, so I can sleep at night. Just saw on the news that the Abbey are not passing on any of the .5 rate cut. If Santander are doing so well, why not? Good Luck !!

Leave a comment:

• Ivor Bigun
    replied
    Your smugness = Hubris

We sold in March. Didn't make a lot as only bought 2 1/2 years before, but got out in time. Now renting. Cash suitably distributed.

1.5 hours later.....

"And how much is it now?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Your smugness = Hubris

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    That makes at least two of us !!! SMUG
    I think you'd make a nice couple

Leave a comment:

• Fishface
    replied
    I got paid dollars at $2 to £1

and just sold a few 000,000's at $1.74 - which was nice.

...but next week it will go to $1.50 - doh!

ah well can't complain.

Leave a comment:

• Ivor Bigun
    replied
    Anybody else feel smug because they made sure that they did not have more than 50K in any one bank. I feel even smugger because I kept my money in my house instead of selling a year ago to avoid losing it in a banking collapse........ PHEW !!!!
    LOL. With Sterling devaluing (and continuing to), reckon you're at least 20% down in the last 12 months.
    Consider that with a non-movable "asset" like yours, it'll be down another 20% next year.
    Not only that, who do think GB is gonna tax to the hilt?

Methinks you have a strange type of smugness.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X