• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The UK economy is f****** long term"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Don't be silly. They're too fat.
    A year in the work-house on gruel will see to that...

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    And send children up chimneys?
    Don't be silly. They're too fat.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Hear Hear !! ... and also NEVER adopt the Euro, and promote the family as the highest aspiration of a relationship !!!
    And send children up chimneys?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
    Amen.
    Solutions?
    1. Pull out of EU
    2. Stop immigration
    3. Start to keep taxpayers money in british banks not overseas
    4. Bring back cane in school and proper education
    5. Close down all aspects of political correctness in our universities and public sector
    etc
    Do any of these points really address mine?
    Jeez there are some really thick people on this forum

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I wonder if contractor 79 confuses Health and Safety legislation with political correctness.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Hear Hear !! ... and also NEVER adopt the Euro, and promote the family as the highest aspiration of a relationship !!!
    Sounds more like going back to the dark ages to me...

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
    Amen.
    Solutions?
    1. Pull out of EU
    2. Stop immigration
    5. Close down all aspects of political correctness in our universities and public sector
    etc

Leave a comment:

• contractor79
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    The decline has taken years. And by various sleights of hand the illusion of prosperity has been preserved and taken in otherwise intelligent people. No government has tackled the root problems though:

- low productivity
    - poor education/training
    - low social status of technical/science/engineering people
    - low level of advanced manufacturing (with a few exceptions)
    - the cult of personality (by which I mean bull-tulipters are taken at face value)

Meanwhile unproductive people in finance, media, celebrity culture are glorified and presented as paragons of virtue. Accomplishment in any field, self-discipline, thrift are forgotten virtues.

What is coming is truly deserved.
    Amen.
    Solutions?
    1. Pull out of EU
    2. Stop immigration
    etc

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Yeah, CyberTory - and as for all those Tory cock-ups, he explains those by reference to previous Labour governments. even more than ten years in to Tory rule. He (and a few others on here) are so dyed in the wool they really think that Tories can only do good except when they do bad things that Labour make them do......hilarious.

Please do explain, because I cannot remember blaming a Tory cockup on Labour. I can however remember many occasions the reverse scenario, even by the current HMG.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    He (and a few others on here) are so dyed in the wool they really think that Tories can only do good except when they do bad things that Labour make them do......hilarious.
    Reverse thinking of a few NL drones on here...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by cupidstunt View Post
    Not that he needs an invite but I am sure the cybertory will be along to point out the errors of your opinion.

Edit..Damn Bagpuss
    CyberCretin

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Toastiness View Post
    Does anyone think that matters would be that different if the other lot had been in charge ?
    I mean the tories don't have a great record in avoiding Stock Market panics, House Price bubbles or recessions, if memory serves me right ?

But then that's just me....

Toastiness
    Yeah, CyberTory - and as for all those Tory cock-ups, he explains those by reference to previous Labour governments. even more than ten years in to Tory rule. He (and a few others on here) are so dyed in the wool they really think that Tories can only do good except when they do bad things that Labour make them do......hilarious.

Leave a comment:

• cupidstunt
    replied
    Does anyone think that matters would be that different if the other lot had been in charge ?
    I mean the tories don't have a great record in avoiding Stock Market panics, House Price bubbles or recessions, if memory serves me right ?

Toastiness
    Not that he needs an invite but I am sure the cybertory will be along to point out the errors of your opinion.

Edit..Damn Bagpuss

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied

Toastiness

According to Cybertory the Conservatives would have lowered interest rates to make the bubble worse. I suspect they would have been a little more sensible than that, but you are probably correct. Only political Zealots convince themselves otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• Toastiness
    replied

Toastiness

Leave a comment:

Working...
X