• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Black Friday

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Black Friday"

Collapse

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Ftse

Take a look - "No winners"!

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by Betty View Post
    I object to the term "Black Friday"
    Why?

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    I object to the term "Friday"... and "Black".

- Robinson Crusoe's Ethnically Disadvantaged and Exploited, Yet His Equal In The Eyes Of The Law, Companion.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by ASB View Post
    Mine weren't. And still aren't. Seems little point now. They're losing money rather quicker than I can make it. Have you got a spare cardboard box I can have?

Do the Wall St shuffle
    watch the greenbacks tumble
    Feel the sterling crumble

You Buy and Sell
    You wheel and deal
    But your living on instinct

Oh - Mr Brown- did your money make you better ?
    Are you waiting for the hour - when you can screw us
    Cos youre Big Enough ??/

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    It's squeaky bum time isn't it ?

On the plus side all my pension pots were consolidated into a cash sipp about a month ago.
    Mine weren't. And still aren't. Seems little point now. They're losing money rather quicker than I can make it. Have you got a spare cardboard box I can have?

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    I predict that the NYSE, NASDAQ and the CME will not open on Monday.

Edit: I can get myself into trouble for saying that. It's only a joke but there is a holiday, but it doesn't shut everything.
    You could well be right HairyArse.

I'm predicting 3800 on FTSE by the end of the day and possibly 3660.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I'm heading up to Manchester for a weekend of drunken debauchery!

(Actually, a Lodge rehearsal and a pleasant time with girly...)
    Canal Street bar

pale and lanky boy

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    I'm heading for the bunker right now.

The End[/I]
    Dont forget your sand wedge

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    It's squeaky bum time isn't it ?

On the plus side all my pension pots were consolidated into a cash sipp about a month ago.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    I think my analysis has been quite good so far. But let me throw out some predictions to be judged on:

By next Friday:

FTSE 3500
    S&P 650
    DJIA 7500
    Gold $1250 /oz
    Markets closed by governments.

I would also say that I called DJIA 9999 in March this year (not here though..). Oh, and UK house prices -50% from summer 2007.
    I predict that the NYSE, NASDAQ and the CME will not open on Monday.

Edit: I can get myself into trouble for saying that. It's only a joke but there is a holiday, but it doesn't shut everything.
    Last edited by HairyArsedBloke; 10 October 2008, 08:35.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    I think my analysis has been quite good so far. But let me throw out some predictions to be judged on:

By next Friday:

FTSE 3500
    S&P 650
    DJIA 7500
    Gold $1250 /oz

I would also say that I called DJIA 9999 in March this year (not here though..). Oh, and UK house prices -50% from summer 2007.
    Sorry ace00, I'm not having a go at you - Betty is one of AtW's sockpuppets and I don't like to miss the opportunity to have a dig at him

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    I object to crappy economic analysis.

By next Friday:

FTSE 3500
    S&P 650
    DJIA 7500
    Gold $1250 /oz

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    I object to crappy economic analysis.

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by dang65 View Post
    Why can't the world's governments simply suspend trading on the markets for a couple of weeks? Just let everyone sit down and have a cup of tea and think about things for a bit, instead of steaming in each day and wiping billions off the value of pretty much everything for no genuine reason. ?
    I suspect this is what will happen, especially considering that the US government should now be on holiday due to the upcoming election.

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    I've heard say that they can't suspend it because selling stocks is the only way a lot of companies can get funds at the moment, what with no one lending just now. But that would be a small price to pay.

Maybe Russia didn't work because everyone else was still trading? I dunno.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X