• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: At 10.25....

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "At 10.25...."

Collapse

• The Late, Great JC
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I had prunes and allbran.

Tend to get stuck to the ceiling of the lavatory though....
    What the hell are you doing crapping on the ceiling of the lavatory?

I've got a feeling I just answered my own question there...

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    I had prunes and allbran.

Tend to get stuck to the ceiling of the lavatory though....

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
    I had weetabix this morning and am now anticipating my first big poo of the day!
    I also had weetabix, but I'm saving the latter for tonight. Gives me something to look forward to

Leave a comment:

• The Late, Great JC
    replied
    Originally posted by WageSlave
    Would an Old Radleian do instead?
    I had weetabix this morning and am now anticipating my first big poo of the day!

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Talking of which, are there any "Old Dragons" out there?
    Would an Old Radleian do instead?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    You mean the Dragon School in Oxford? Nah, but my brother was at Summerfields, quite near, and I gather there was some rivalry between them.

Leave a comment:

• The Late, Great JC
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot
    A few years ago I read a book about the history of British public schools - Sounds incredibly boring, but was actually quite interesting (although I don't think I ever finished it).

Anyway, Dr Keate ( http://www.etoncollege.com/eton.asp?di=317 ), Eton College HM in the early 19th century, used to birch any boy he felt was too precociously religious, on the grounds that an excess of religious fervour in youth would lead to dogmatism in adulthood.

He once birched a whole group of boys for loitering, ignoring their pleas, only afterwards finding out they had been waiting for confirmation class!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by planetit
    Looks like CMJ might have got it right in the Times this morning. He described Threaded, Chico and the like as “Vulgar”.
    A few years ago I read a book about the history of British public schools - Sounds incredibly boring, but was actually quite interesting (although I don't think I ever finished it).

Anyway, Dr Keate ( http://www.etoncollege.com/eton.asp?di=317 ), Eton College HM in the early 19th century, used to birch any boy he felt was too precociously religious, on the grounds that an excess of religious fervour in youth would lead to dogmatism in adulthood.

He once birched a whole group of boys for loitering, ignoring their pleas, only afterwards finding out they had been waiting for confirmation class!

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko
    I farted in the lift. If you smelled something funny, Chico, it was me.
    I hope you haven't been at the lamb and mint crisps.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    At 10.25

I farted in the lift. If you smelled something funny, Chico, it was me.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
    that is a bit disappointing Chico, very non-commital... nevermind.
    Sorry got one eye on the cricket

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    that is a bit disappointing Chico, very non-commital... nevermind.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Rebecca to each their own..

Leave a comment:

• planetit
    replied
    Looks like CMJ might have got it right in the Times this morning. He described Threaded, Chico and the like as “Vulgar”.

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    Chico, I have found my own salvation thru temptation, am I bad?

Have you ever seen some people lose ev'rything?
    First to go is their mind.
    Responsibility to me is a tragedy.
    I'll get a job some other time.
    I want to join a band and play in front of crazy fans.
    Yes
    I call that temptation.
    Give me a melody. That's all that I ever need.
    The music is my salvation.

-- Sister Sledge, 1979 --

Leave a comment:

Working...
X