• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Are you taking the Credit Crunch ™ seriously?"

Collapse

• tay
    replied
    Originally posted by Jubber View Post
    It was a joke FFS - I'll leave you to it.
    Dont let the TPD clique bully you!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
    What a bell end.

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I'm afraid if Dimprawn loses all he has, he also might kill himself. Of course, he doesnt have any friends or family so least thats a positive

With a name like that how come he didn't have his 14 cousins, 17 2nd cousins their kids and extended families in there too?

Bravo men

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    I didn't attack him personally, I just made a sarcastic remark that his jokes aren't funny and he did tell racist (or at least very racially insensitive) jokes.

Interestingly, he didn't tell mother in law jokes... apparently they're offensive to older women.
    So mother in law jokes: no,

You need to check your facts a bit - this is a quote from his obituary (which he wrote):

Oh, I know there'll be a few who won't mourn my passing, like mothers-in-law up and down the country. I'll never forget the day I took my own mother-in-law to the Chamber of Horrors in Madame Tussauds. Suddenly, one of the attendants whispered to me: "Please keep her moving. We're trying to do a stock take."

The one bad thing about dying quietly in Manchester is that I cannot fulfil the solemn promise I made to the old battleaxe. "When you die, I'm going to dance on your grave," she once said. To which I replied: "I hope you do, because I'm going to be buried at sea."

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    What are you laughing at? Did you know him? Were you involved with any of the charities that BM helped?
    But the popularity of the 1970s gave way to opprobrium in the 1980s and 1990s when Manning's repertoire of jokes about "Pakis, Coons, Paddies, Scousers and Yids" fell out fashion.

In 1995, he was secretly filmed by ITV's World In Action barracking a black officer at police charity dinner. His lines included: "Having a night out with nice white people? Isn't this better than swinging from the trees?"
    I didn't attack him personally, I just made a sarcastic remark that his jokes aren't funny and he did tell racist (or at least very racially insensitive) jokes.

Interestingly, he didn't tell mother in law jokes... apparently they're offensive to older women.
    So mother in law jokes: no, paki, *** and any other racist term he can name: yes. Obviously people with a darker skin don't get offended in the same way that mothers in law do

Whether or not he is racist I'm not debating, or his personal qualities as a man.

And just because he's dead it doesn't mean he's above reproach.

Leave a comment:

• Jubber
    replied
    an obvious racist troll
    It was a joke FFS - I'll leave you to it.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    What are you laughing at? Did you know him? Were you involved with any of the charities that BM helped?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Bernard was a comedian from a different age. He was intelligent, witty and did a hell of a lot for charity.

Bringing him into this conversation to try and rebuff an obvious racist troll is imo deeply offensive to that great man's memory.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    When I start finding Bernard Manning funny I'll know I've recieved it
    Bernard was a comedian from a different age. He was intelligent, witty and did a hell of a lot for charity.

Bringing him into this conversation to try and rebuff an obvious racist troll is imo deeply offensive to that great man's memory.

Leave a comment:

• Jubber
    replied
    If you find that sort of humour so offensive I'm surprised you haven't mentioned all the 'shooting MIL' jibes on this thread too? MIL jokes OK then? Bernard Manning told a lot of those.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    You're welcome. If you'd like a sense of humour I'll post you one.

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Not sure it's worth dying for though.
    It's certainly not

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Actually Indian families take debt, bankruptcy and failure very badly. Brings terrible shame to the community.

Not sure it's worth dying for though.

Leave a comment:

• Jubber
    replied
    What a well thought out and enlightened post

My day has been made complete by your valuable contribution

Thank you
    You're welcome. If you'd like a sense of humour I'll post you one.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    With a name like that how come he didn't have his 14 cousins, 17 2nd cousins their kids and extended families in there too?
    What a well thought out and enlightened post

My day has been made complete by your valuable contribution

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Jubber
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X