• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Rut Time !!!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Rut Time !!!"

Collapse

• Stan.goodvibes
    replied
    At times like this I turn to meaningless cliches to get me through...

A rut is a grave with no ends

If that doesn't solve your problem you are beyond help

Leave a comment:

• Solent
    replied
    Single fat professional male (NSOH) recently separated with out income & own mortgage and tax avoidance vehicle. Enjoys the gin, good whine, country wa*ks and plebs and spending time with young daughter who must take presents at weekends.

Seeks loving understated lady boy for relationship to make my life a hole again with or without children who must enjoy slaving in the country and spending evenings with a battle of wine and simulating conservation.
    Far more professional - DimPrawn you worded it so well. Appreciate that, the ads going in the local hearts club column. Brilliant advice

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Single fat professional male (NSOH) recently separated with out income & own mortgage and tax avoidance vehicle. Enjoys the gin, good whine, country wa*ks and plebs and spending time with young daughter who must take presents at weekends.

Seeks loving understated lady boy for relationship to make my life a hole again with or without children who must enjoy slaving in the country and spending evenings with a battle of wine and simulating conservation.

I haven't spell checked it.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    I was wondering why you would be simulating conversation?

Leave a comment:

• Solent
    replied
    Single fit professional male (GSOH) recently separated with good income & own house and company. Enjoys the gym, good wine, country walks and pubs and spending time with young daughter who must take precedence at weekends.

Seeks loving understanding lady for relationship to make my life whole again with or without children who must enjoy living in the country and spending evenings with a bottle of wine and simulating conversation.
    You forgot to add the bit about love of fine Belgian Chocolates (only joking)

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
    Single fit professional male (GSOH) recently separated with good income & own house and company. Enjoys the gym, good wine, country walks and pubs and spending time with young daughter who must take precedence at weekends.

Seeks loving understanding lady for relationship to make my life whole again with or without children who must enjoy living in the country and spending evenings with a bottle of wine and simulating conversation.

Go on - go for it

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I recall he scored more chicks from the single parent group in the book, and was more cavalier about doing it. Way to go fella!

Though the best bit was it ended up portraying fathers in a positive light. Always a top result.....

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied

Go on - go for it

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    You are a fcuking arsehole, you know that?
    Come on - it was funny!!!

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I have seen the film and read the book - I thought they were identical?

But I am old and my memory is poor - please illucidate me....
    I recall he scored more chicks from the single parent group in the book, and was more cavalier about doing it. Way to go fella!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Solent View Post
    OK, as some of you know I'm 100% home based, no interaction. Lots of gym and thats my social outlet. Mainly have a drink of wine at home if I want a drink but thats about it. Feel myself, slipping deeper into a rut. Not blowing my own trumpet but good at what I do (developer ) and blo*dy good sense of humour (sounds like an Internet dating profile !!!!!)

Ex, is asking me to have more time with my little one, bonding etc which I love but ex goes out, and gets babysitters all the time etc. I live in a sleepy little town, not the buzzing metropolis, and devoid of (not meaning to offend) 'tottie'. The way the ex has worked it I will not have a weekend to myself per se, as the alternate weekends I dont see my daughter she wants me to have her on the Sunday morning through to Monday. Lovely, but rut time. How the hell am I going to move on.

Any suggestions ?
    I wonder who the kids will respect more when they come of age.

A bloke I know whose parents were separated since childhood still has a lot of bitterness over his youth despite being so long ago.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    You are a f***ing ********, you know that?
    I think he has stopped taking his medication!

He needs our sympathy and support - and a rocket to take him from his planet to planet earth!

I am sure when mini tay comes along he will be fine.....

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Don't rise to it sweety, it only encourages him.
    The rest of us appreciate you, just rely on that.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by tay View Post
    Cruise for chicks on contractor message boards. I know you have to be a complete loser to pick up chicks this way, but it just might work.
    I suggest CM as a start, once you have her eating out of your hand you can move up to a proper female.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    It worked even better for him in the book !
    I have seen the film and read the book - I thought they were identical?

But I am old and my memory is poor - please illucidate me....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X