• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Doom in the "real" economy"

Collapse

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    pre-pubescent.
    I'm sorry to hear about your language difficulties.
    Pubertal is also a valid adjective and a synonymous of pubescent.

guru

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Oh and throw in some meaningless and boring stats too.
    As happens on 34.6% of cuk threads?

And dont forget house rices.....

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko View Post
    AtW you are giving a proof of your stupidity not because of the lack of knowledge about economics, history, science, politics, social skills, etc. etc. but simply because you waste time talking seriously with a pre-pubertal brain like SasGuru. You want to argue with him, then get down at his level. Just write goo-goo gaa-gaa-gaa, string some unusual words together from a dictionary in a meaningless sentence and that's done. Just slightly reflect on that.
    pre-pubescent.
    I'm sorry to hear about your language difficulties.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko View Post
    AtW you are giving a proof of your stupidity not because of the lack of knowledge about economics, history, science, politics, social skills, etc. etc. but simply because you waste time talking seriously with a pre-pubertal brain like SasGuru. You want to argue with him, then get down at his level. Just write goo-goo gaa-gaa-gaa, string some unusual words together from a dictionary in a meaningless sentence and that's done. Just slightly reflect on that.
    Oh and throw in some meaningless and boring stats too.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Have you paid all Capital Gains Taxes due?

Otherwise you might end up Fortune sitting on you
    Of course

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    The ones from my school are obviously sitting on a fortune
    Have you paid all Capital Gains Taxes due?

Otherwise you might end up Fortune sitting on you

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

People of this country were getting en masse into debt, buying dog houses in London for £300k or more, and this is what you call "realistic"?

The ones from my school are obviously sitting on a fortune

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    No they taught us to be realistic and practical in my school.

People of this country were getting en masse into debt, buying dog houses in London for £300k or more, and this is what you call "realistic"?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    In both cases making it clear it was a temporary pragmatic decision rather than one of principle.
    If it was right at the time, then it should be right all time dude - but I am sure your City lobbyists will pay handsomely to revert this ban as soon as they can - good thing there won't be many of them left

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    It shows ability to analyse - "What If" scenario modelling, did they teach you this method in your school?
    No they taught us to be realistic and practical in my school.
    But then I didn't attend the Moscow Special Needs School for Delusional Fantasists, so possibly I missed out.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    If he was in charge it'd be like Gollum getting away with the ring ...
    Well, he deserved to own it in my view. He was a bit of a sad murderer type but that happened like what hundreds of years ago.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Ah another example of your financial genius rather than pure blind luck!
    There is nothing blind about it.

I came to this country after Russian default in 1998 when currency dropped and banks went bust (well in a Russian way - owner takes depositors money out and then liquidates bank while leaving nothing to depositors then allows his son buy sport car manufacturer in another country, ultimately bankrupting it too), we took our money from banks before crisis and exchanged currency too - so I think I've got a bit more knowledge then you when it comes to detecting future economic problems.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    In the USA elected politicians do not take up Govt posts like in the treasury (at least not right now).

If you said Bush forced Treasury to force SEC then maybe, but so far you got zero evidence (as usual) support your claim.

The fact of the matter is that it does not even matter if politicians are misguided in this action - they did something that you and some others regularly accuse me of being "communist" about, yet those guys are as capitalist as they get and they cracked down on shorters - the only problem I have with this attitude is that they should have done it long time ago before crisis started.
    In both cases making it clear it was a temporary pragmatic decision rather than one of principle.
    Which shows you were talking crap in the first place.
    HTH

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    If he was in charge it'd be like Gollum getting away with the ring ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X