• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Question for Expat

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Question for Expat"

Collapse

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I like Expat
    Please dont agree with me - it makes me feel dirty

(and not in a good way).

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Who created the immigration mess? Let's start with the allowance of an estimated 13,000 Poles which turned into a million or so, when other countries such as Germany put a 7 year moratorium on them when Poland joined the EU. Why did we not also have a moritorium ? New Lie policy perhaps !!

Then of course we have the asylum mess, deportation mess and the fact that 10 per cent of our prisoners are foreigners !!
    The poles are not a problem, the problem immigrants are from non EU countries. In fact thanks to the Poles now that the credit crunch is on we can all go and find jobs in poland.

see www.dodzyagenszy.com

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Ah. In that case he is forgiven. Who would not be bitter and twisted if they had to live in Effing Scotland?
    Whits effen wrang wi living in Effen ??

We are all Effens noo ...

He kept bees in the Scot’s town of Effen
    A wise Effen bee keeper was he
    When one day this Effen bee keeper
    Got stung by a big Effen bee!!!!!

Now the Effen bee keepers “wee” Effen wife
    For the big Effen “ polis “ she ran
    For there’s naebody can sort out a big Effen bee
    Like a big Effen polis man can

Now the big Effen polis was fit as a fiddle
    And he ran doon the main Effen street
    In his hand was a big Effen baton
    He had big Effen boots on his feet

Now the big Effen polis caught the big Effen bee
    And he twisted the Effen bee’s wings
    But the big Effen bee goat it’s ain back
    ‘Cos this big Effen bee hud twae stings

Now they’re both in the Effen museum
    Where the Effen folk oft come tae see
    The remains of the big Effen polis
    Stung tae death by a big Effen bee.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 1 October 2008, 06:59.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Money probably started under the Romans, but I don't blame them for the banking crisis. So the 1 million Poles and 5 million other illegal immigrants since 1997 are all the Tories fault.

This is the problem you have, you automatically assume pointing out the Tories made similar mistakes/had similar policies is tantermount to supporting the Labour party. I'm sorry if the truth upsets you but they are more similar than your imagination. Even if the selective memory loss is protecting your feelings I have to tell you David Cameron is not Jesus and the shadow cabinet are not the disciples. There I said it!
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 30 September 2008, 23:03.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    1/ We are in the EU, joined that under the Tories, moreover have the Eastern Europeans caused much fuss, as far I can see they've been a good addition.

2/ Asylum seeking started under the Tories, late 80s throught the 90s, mass immigration started under the Tories, it was an active policy, fast track visas et al. Deportation mess come on, remember Michael Howard talking tough then doing the opposite.

As I said, they are Diet Coke.

Money probably started under the Romans, but I don't blame them for the banking crisis. So the 1 million Poles and 5 million other illegal immigrants since 1997 are all the Tories fault.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Now that is an interesting observation. Do you think that Cameron's days are numbered?

Every Tory leader's days are numbered from the start, of course: the party is a machine for gaining and exercising power, and if you can't do that, you are as transient as an ineffectual Roman Emperor: the knives are always ready.

But actually I'm coming to respect Cameron more than I expected to.....
    I do not see any movement against Cameron now nor do I expect there to be any in the foreseeable future. However, apart from being a way to oust nuLieBore from power where is the ‘vision’? He lacks the character of a true leader. He is a weapon breed for a single purpose that has past.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Who created the immigration mess? Let's start with the allowance of an estimated 13,000 Poles which turned into a million or so, when other countries such as Germany put a 7 year moratorium on them when Poland joined the EU. Why did we not also have a moritorium ? New Lie policy perhaps !!

Then of course we have the asylum mess, deportation mess and the fact that 10 per cent of our prisoners are foreigners !!

1/ We are in the EU, joined that under the Tories, moreover have the Eastern Europeans caused much fuss, as far I can see they've been a good addition.

2/ Asylum seeking started under the Tories, late 80s throught the 90s, mass immigration started under the Tories, it was an active policy, fast track visas et al. Deportation mess come on, remember Michael Howard talking tough then doing the opposite.

As I said, they are Diet Coke.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    You say that, but why isn't it working. I must be missing all this ubiqitous BBC propoganda along with the rest of the population. David Icke probably gets it though.

It's not working because the general public have seen total incompetence with their own eyes, and no amount of BBC propaganda can change people's views of their own experiences. 10%...

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    You support the Tories like a football team so I'm wasting my energy...but
    I don't think most of those things would be much different. Less public sector spending maybe. Immigration: come on, who started this immigration mess?

Things are not going to change that much, look at the manifestos. I just want government out of my face so I will vote Diet Pepsi this time as opposed to the full sugar version

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Credit where credit is due - nuLieBore have got excellent control over most parts of the broardcast media.

You say that, but why isn't it working. I must be missing all this ubiqitous BBC propoganda along with the rest of the population. David Icke probably gets it though.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Cammeron was created to fight a foe that is no longer there: B'Liar. He is his clone, but that war is over.
    Now that is an interesting observation. Do you think that Cameron's days are numbered?

Every Tory leader's days are numbered from the start, of course: the party is a machine for gaining and exercising power, and if you can't do that, you are as transient as an ineffectual Roman Emperor: the knives are always ready.

But actually I'm coming to respect Cameron more than I expected to.....

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Credit where credit is due - nuLieBore have got excellent control over most parts of the broardcast media.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Please explain this amazing ability that New lie have to control things. They seem to have the opposite problem with:

spending
    immigration
    knife crime
    the banks
    unions
    debt
    unemployment
    SATS
    You support the Tories like a football team so I'm wasting my energy...but
    I don't think most of those things would be much different. Less public sector spending maybe. Immigration: come on, who started this immigration mess?

Things are not going to change that much, look at the manifestos. I just want government out of my face so I will vote Diet Pepsi this time as opposed to the full sugar version
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 30 September 2008, 19:23.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    ... the Bishop of Birmingham told delegates at the Conservative Party conference that he greeted them “in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ”. It was as though he and the Son of God had been speaking just that morning and JC had said to the Bish: “Do say hello to the Tories from me.”
    Cammeron was created to fight a foe that is no longer there: B'Liar. He is his clone, but that war is over.

If ever, and I still believe it is not as certain as some people think, they ever get to form another government then many people will be very disapointed with what they get. In most respects the Conservatives are just as bad as nuLieBore.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    I like Expat he tries to give a balance interpretation of events. Far too many here are quick to criticise this government (often rightly so) but are blind sided when the Cons had made similar mistakes, out of their control/market forces etc, yeah right....

Yet somehow Labour have an amazing ability to control things the Tories couldn't, which surely points to the Tories being ineffectual? A Conservative Government won't be some kind of utopia with free BJs on the NHS, however I'm sure it will be better than this one.

Please explain this amazing ability that New lie have to control things. They seem to have the opposite problem with:

spending
    immigration
    knife crime
    the banks
    unions
    debt
    unemployment
    SATS

Leave a comment:

Working...
X