• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "question for sasguru the master day trader"

Collapse

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    There are no topics that AtW isn't a complete authority on. Even if you invented a topic that had never previously existed, AtW would immediately become an authority on it
    That is the SKA bot working at its best and not actually atw posting the replies

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    There are no topics that AtW isn't a complete authority on. Even if you invented a topic that had never previously existed, AtW would immediately become an authority on it
    I once worked with someone who was genuinely very knowledgeable about a wide range of subjects. Someone got fed up one day and decided to talk about an obscure hobby of his - bee keeping! The other guy knew the subject inside out - everyone was gob smacked!

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Could AtW conceive of a topic that even AtW doesn’t know anything about?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    He doesn't know much about his own psychology.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
    Given that ridiculously minuscule amounts are required to top someone, even a few meager grams is way enough for years. I win.
    There's no point arguing, AtW is a world-expert on every single topic posted in this forum...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Given that ridiculously minuscule amounts are required to top someone, even a few meager grams is way enough for years. I win.
    No you don't win. Do you know how many gramms of Polonium is made every month? About 7 gramms I think. It indeed takes very little to kill someone - but do you realise that it takes special expertise to deal with micro-gramms of this sort of substances? It's not rat poison - this stuff is very tricky and very few places in the world can actually do it. In 2 years there would be 64 times less Polonium than stored - in 3 years 512 times less, in 4 years 4000 times less - it's not store-able for practical purposes. That's why it is so attractive to Govt sponsored assassins - it could not be detected at death and in a few years it would self-dissolve itself. Perfect murder weapons they thought.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It's pretty short: in ~1 year there will be 8 times less of it, in ~2 years there will be 64 times less of it. So storage is highly impractical - it needs to be made to order, something that is done in a very few places - primarily in Russia.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I suspect swan roasting Albanians.
    AH! Yes! It's so clear now. They have been going after all the white swans so the proportion of black swans is going up.

All Hail DimPrawn! He has broken the case.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    It has a half-life of 138.376 days - not that short.
    It's pretty short: in ~1 year there will be 8 times less of it, in ~2 years there will be 64 times less of it. So storage is highly impractical - it needs to be made to order, something that is done in a very few places - primarily in Russia.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Immigrants? Is it their turn this week?
    I suspect swan roasting Albanians.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Lets test it out shall we?

<hands atw coffee>

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Po210 can't be stored - it's half-life too low, so it has to be prepared just in time for the tea...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I'll get it for you! Now where is my Po210?
    Po210 can't be stored - it's half-life too low, so it has to be prepared just in time for the tea...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    FT: RBS Showing 198

Bastard short sellers - oh, hang on we shot them last week. We are going to find someone else to blame.
    Immigrants? Is it their turn this week?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X